Chapter 16

I have decided to try and update every three days and I am writing chapters ahead of time, so they are ready to post every three days as soon as I get the chance to. I am on holidays right now so I should definitely be able to post on my schedule. Enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment what you think! Xx

Kiss him? No way.

'You're joking, right?' I say frantically.

'No.' Lachie says pouting his lips. I want say that I really didn't want to but, I have done enough lying for one day and will no doubt have to lie my way out of more trouble tonight. What? If you were in my position, I bet you would want to kiss him! He is adorable!

'No.' I say crossing my arms.

'Fine.' Lachie shrugs and sits back down.

'Lachieee.' I whine, pulling on his shirt.

'Gimme me a smooch.' Lachie says looking up at me. His eyes are a darker blue then usual and they hold a look that I can't quite figure out. Boredom? No. Excitement? No. Sadness? No... Lust?

'Fine. I'll just call my brothers and let them deal with you.' I say turning on my heel and walking along the wooden pier. I hear a grunt and then heavy footsteps behind me. I smirk and look over my shoulder to see a scowling Lachie following me. 'My brothers a bit scary for you?' I tease pinching his cheek. He swats my hand away and glares at me.

'No.' He snaps. I giggle. 'Well,' he begins, his glare disappearing, 'Hunter is quite rough.' Like you wouldn't believe. I feel my face drop at Hunter's name. Noticing my mood change Lachie frowns. 'What?'

'Nothing.' I mumble.

'Are you sure?' He asks. I look up at him and he has concern written all over his face. I force a smile and nod. He smiles back and I feign shock.

'You just smiled!'

'Yeah and?'

'You never smile! I must be a good influence on you.' I say smugly, tossing my hair and walking to the bike. I hear Lachie say something that I don't quite catch. Something along the lines of 'like you wouldn't believe' but I can't be 100% sure.

We finally get home after Lachie took a short cut that resulted in us getting lost. Which then cause another argument.

'Thanks for today.' I say swinging my legs off the parked bike. I hand back the helmet and he takes it with yet another smile

'No problem. Thanks for missing class with me.' I smile.

'My pleasure.'

'Are you going to get into trouble with your brothers?' He asks looking into the fully lit house behind me. I look over my shoulder.

'Probably.'

'I'll come.'

'What?' I exclaim whirling back to look at him. He looks at me innocently.

'I'll come in with you and explain to your brothers you were with me.'

'Are you looking for a death wish?!' I say my eyes wide.

'I have a plan. Go along with it.' He says brushing past me and going up the porch steps. I shake my head and follow him.

Lachie knocks on the door and then takes a step back. I stand slightly behind him. I am in so much trouble. Harry answers the door and glares when he sees Lachie and I. He zeros in on me.

'Lachie. Adelaide.' He greets in a monotone voice.

'I can explain.' I say frantically.

'Yes you will. Inside, now.' Harry says calmly.