Chapter 33

Unedited 

I shake my head and look back at everyone. It makes sense. Oh my god! I am Lachie's girl! Oh. My. God!
'Princess.' Lachie's voice snaps me out of my trance.
'Hmm?'
'What do you want on your pizza?' Steph asks in an irritated voice.
'Oh, whatever. Um which room am I staying in?' I ask walking over to my bags and picking them up.
'I'll show you.' Scarlet says standing up from the bar stool. I nod as she takes one of my bags and walks up the stairs. She leads me past a door and then stops. She pushes the white wooden door open and my eyes widen at the room. It is big and spacious. There is a big bed with post on each corner. There is a chest of drawers and another door leading into a bathroom I am guessing. It also has a couch that looks slightly out of place and I guess that someone has moved it in here for the sake of these next few nights. Scarlet puts my bag down on the bed and I go over to the chest of draws and begin to put my clothes away.
'What happened back there?'
'What are you talking about?' I act dumb avoiding her gaze.
'Don't act stupid Ads.' Scarlet scolds and I look at her and sigh.
'It was nothing ok? I was just thinking about what Conner is doing right now.' I straight out lie. Scarlet raises her eyebrows out me and opens her mouth to say something but then snaps it shut and nods once before getting up.
'Once you stop lying to me, come and talk to me. I will be downstairs.' She says before leaving the room.
'Scar! Wait!' I call after her. I am answered with her footsteps going down the stairs. I sigh and finish unpacking.

I have just finished unpacking when there is a knock at the door.
'Come in!' I call and the door opens revealing Lachie.
'Dinner is ready.' He says softly and I nod. 'Are you alright?' He asks as he crosses the room and I nod again. I stand up and wince when my knees pop. I have been squatting for ages now. 'Are you sure? What happened between you and Scar? She came down in a flurry and stormed out. Joe ran after her and they still haven't returned.' He says coming to a stop in front of me.
'I am fine.' I say simply, I attempt to move around Lachie but his hand shoots out and stops me. He grabs my upper arm and I look into his eyes. They are holding an emotion I can't quite place. 'Let me go.' I snap shaking my arm and gasp when his grasp tightens. 'Ow!' I yelp and his hand is instantly removed. A warmth I didn't realise I had disappears when Lachie lets go of me. I rub my arm and look back up at his cold blue eyes. What ever emotion was there is now long gone. He looks like he is about to say something when he turns on his heel and storms out. I frown after him before following him down the stairs.

There are multiple pizzas scattered across the table and a stack of plates in the corner. I join the end of the line and fill my plate up with pizzas. I try to make eye contact with both Scarlet and Lachie but they both avoided me. Great now I have made two people in this house angry at me. Go Addie! I sit down on the couch next to Sam and eat my pizza in silence, not joining into the group conversation and not listening either.
'Ads! Addie!' A voice brings me back to reality. I look up from my pizza and realise that everyone is looking at me, apart from Lachie and Scarlet. In fact, they aren't even in the room.
'What was that sorry?' I ask looking back down at my untouched pizza.
'Do you want desert?' Steph asks impatiently as Lachie and Scarlet walk in holding bowls filled with something. I shake my head and stand up.
'I um don't really feel well at the moment. Scarlet can I have some of that Advil you were talking about?' I ask hoping she will pick up what I am laying down. She does, much to my relief and puts the bowls she was holding down on the bench and walks out the room.

When we arrive upstairs, Scarlet turns to the first door and walks in. I follow her and shut the door behind me. I turn and shut the door behind me. I turn around and see Scarlet sitting on the bed. The room is very similar to mine.
'Well?' Scarlet asks impatiently and I take a deep breath.
'The reason that I was lying before is because I am embarrassed...'
'About what?'
'About what Lachie said.' I look at Scarlet's confused face and add 'about Sam not bringing a girl.'
'Oh.' Scarlet says softly and then falls silent. 'Why?' I take a deep breath.
'Because if I am wrong then I will be humiliated.' I look at her dead in the eye. 'I think I am falling for him Scar, it is scaring me.'
'You like him?! You are actually admitting it!' She squeals and I shush her.
'Not so loud Scarlet!' I chide and she giggles.
'I think he likes you as well.'
'Um he asked me to be his girlfriend...' I say slowly.
'Yeah I know. Speaking of which, have you given him an answer?' She asks and I blush.
'Maybe not. I want him to ask again because otherwise it will be weird. Won't it?'
'No it wouldn't be weird... I don't think it would be weird.' Scarlet says thoughtfully after a pause. I stare at her and we both start to laugh. Scarlet stands up, she crosses the room and wraps me up in a hug.
'Friends?' I whisper.
'Friends.' She confirms and I breathe out a sigh in relief.