Chapter 18

I DO NOT own this song above ^. Later in the story, you will find the reason for this song. Enjoy. 

Hunter instantly lets go of my arm and I shuffle towards the door away from Ty and Hunter.

'I was trying to get her to change.' Hunter blatantly lies. Ty frowns and looks me over.

'Yeah, Hunter is right, you should change.'

'But!' I protest looking down at what I was wearing. Okay, I see where Ty is coming from. The top is a peach coloured crop top that stops about an inch above my belly button. I have black dance shorts on and a grey zip up sweatshirt over my shoulders.

'It is very short. And where are you going?' Ty questions walking down the rest of the stairs.

'Going to dance practice.' I say edging closer to the door. Suddenly a car honks and I open the door. 'Gotta go!' I yelp, leaping out the door and slamming it shut. I race down the driveway and quite literally jump into Lachie's car. He just stares at me as I fumble with my seatbelt. I look through the window and Ty and Hunter are walking over, purpose in their stride. I gulp and look at Lachie. 'Go!' I squeal and he steps on the accelerator.

'What just happened?' Lachie asks once we pull out of our street.

'Long story.' I mutter staring out the window.

'Just tell me!'

'Why don't you tell me who Taylor found out about my scars?' I hiss, glaring at him. Lachie's beautiful eyebrows furrow together as he looks at me in confusion.

'I don't know.' He says paying attention to the road again.

'Well who else would have told her?' I snap.

'Wait, you think I told her?!' He asks incredulous.

'Yes!'

'Princess, I swear I didn't tell her!' He says sincerely looking at me when we stop at a traffic light.

'Then who did?' I ask slumping back in my seat, confused.

'Who else knows about the scars?'

'My brothers, Scarlet, Steph, Mason and Sam.' I list. 'And you.' I add accusingly.

'Could one of those people have told her?'

'No. Scarlet, Sam, Mason and Steph hate her. And my brothers wouldn't do that to me.' I say, expect Hunter might... Lachie notices my silence and looks at me questioningly. 'Are you sure they wouldn't tell anyone?' He asks. No. 'Yes.' I say softly as Lachie pulls into the warehouse carpark. Lachie mutters something and gets out the car. I follow suit, grabbing my bag and running after him when he doesn't wait for me. 'Asshole.' I mutter under my breath. I follow him into the warehouse and we are greeted to a single light in the middle of the room. What? I pad over to the light with Lachie close on my heels. A single piece of paper is directly under the spotlight. I feel Lachie come up behind me and shiver as his warm breath flutters on my skin. I bend down and pick the note up. It reads:

Addie and Lachie, I am sorry I couldn't be here, something came up. Kate and I have thought about what is happening on Saturday and we have came up with a compromise, there is a local dance comp that we think you guys could win. You need to come up with a dance that incorporates contemporary/ballet and break dance. Use whatever song you like and you need to have costumes. Lachie, don't be a complete ass hole to Addie. Addie is in charge here...

Alec

I smile triumphantly at Lachie when I have finished reading the note out loud.  

'I am the boss.' I say cheekily and Lachie rolls