Chapter 13

Bryony's POV

We pull out the couch bed and get comfortable, we close any gap between us our breaths mix with each others, "I'm sorry that we haven't had much time to spend with each other lately." I whisper.

"It's fine, I understand." He combs his fingers through my hair and kisses my forehead. "This is better than some stupid date anyway." He states truthfully I smile feeling the same way. I lean up on my elbow and look into his eyes.

"I'm happy that we met, I don't know how I would've done anything without you these past few days."

"That's a compliment if I've ever heard one. You guys have made my life so much better."

"How? By putting you in danger every ten minutes?"

"No just by being here. We still need to go on a real date you know?"

"Yeah we do, ugh we have school tomorrow. You have to transfer."

"I've already put in an application, can you drop me off at school tomorrow?"

"Of course." I say before rubbing his nose with mine and settling against him "Now go to sleep." He chuckles deeply before kissing my head. His breathing evens out so I close my eyes and follow suit.

Chelsea's POV

Bryony and Ella walk into my room at around eight thirty in the morning, I groan internally as I sit up. "Hey Chels, we were just leaving for school, Jamie will be here for things that you need, we will be back at around four. Love ya." Bryony says quietly, Ella winks at me and follows Bryony out of the room. I lay back down to get some more sleep I'm still exhausted.

Two Hours Later

I wake up and look at the clock at the wall, ten thirty it reads. I reach for the remote controls that sit on the bedside table and switch the TV on. I stand up and flex my muscles, after searching for ages I found my brush and start to comb my waist long chestnut hair, it took about five minutes to finish. Remembering that Jesse was coming later I run into the closet and grab some pyjamas that aren't so childish, finding a crop top and some shorts I change quickly and look in the mirror.

I didn't look bad my skin was pale like normal, and my lips were a normal shade of pink, I pinch my cheeks to add more colour to look natural. I jump back into the bed and carry on watching re-runs of The Vampire Diaries.

I hear footsteps on the stairs at around eleven, the door opens to show Jesse standing there wearing tight jeans and a black V-neck t-shirt he looks so good. I blush at my thoughts and turn back to the TV, he walks into my eye line and smiles down at me, I smile back feeling my mood lift instantly.

"Okay this is not working." He says quietly.

"What's not working?" I ask.

"You being cooped up in here."

"That's ironic due to the fact you kept me in a cave for 2 hours."

"Okay, okay, I want to show you something. So get dressed Sweetcheeks. We are going on an adventure." He said enthusiastically.

"Is it okay that I'm slightly scared, but want to go anyway?"

"It's totally understandable, Gorgeous. Now get changed." I stand up and walk around him and into the closet. I choose some jeans and a top before borrowing some of Bry's boots. Walking out of the closet, I see him looking at everything in the room as if it's the most interesting thing in the world.

"Okay let's go." I say heading towards the door.

"We are not going that way, Sweetcheeks."

"What do you mean?" I ask genuinely confused, he turns and points to the window,

"Jamie's downstairs and he'll stop us."

"Maybe for good reason. " I counter, but couldn't stop the smile from inching on to my face. "How do we get down there, we are two stories up?"

"I'll jump first and I'll levitate you to the floor." He says confidently before jumping out the window. Following his lead I do the same and land safely on my feet. After sighing in relief, I follow him away from the house and down the street. Surely he would've let me die back there if he wanted to kill me, right?