Chapter 25

"What is it?" She passes the phone to me and I put it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello Jamie, I must admit I was expecting Bryony. Anyway, enough with the niceties I have two of your clan, I suggest you come and get them."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Well can't you hear them?" When he quiets, I can hear shouting in the background.

"You sick son of a bitch!"

"Ooh, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" He says darkly. "Oh wait... She's dead. As your friends will be. If you don't bring Bryony to me by midnight."

"What do you want with my sister?"

"That's a secret. See you soon."

"Bry!" I shout up the stairs, she comes down with a huge grin on her face, I hate to destroy her happiness but we need to plan.

"What's up, Doc?"

"Valem has Abbie and Brandon." As soon as the sentence leaves my mouth her face drops and her happy attitude floats away.

"Dammit, well we have to go get them." We all nod. I head over to the weapons cabinet and grab everything that looks of use. So practically all of it. The others join me about five minutes later and I hand out weapons. "I can't prepare you for anything. But I can't change that. Stay together we'll go ahead as one fighting unit they can't take all of us." They nod and we head over to the SUV each taking a seat. "Comms check, everyone good?"

"Yep, loud and clear." They said simultaneously. We pull up outside the building and we all climb out of the car. "There's the front entrance." I say pointing to a set of frosted glass doors. I slowly open the door and get about three seconds to look around before a shadow attacks me from the side, I duck and grab his wrists throwing him into the wall.

He groans before collapsing to the ground. We head through a large corridor dotted with paintings from, what looks like, centuries ago. We encounter five more guards before we reach the main hub. Opening the door I see Valem standing with a knife to Abbie's throat and his friend with a knife to Brandon's. "Well. Well. Well. Hello. How are you?" Valem says sweetly.

"I'm rather pissed off actually, " I say bitterly. He smiles which makes it even worse.

"Well you have two choices. You try to take them and we'll kill you all. Or you can take their place." Was I really willing to give my sister up for two others, one of which I hate? Bryony seems to be having the same problem, does she really want to be tortured again?

"I'll take her place."

"No Bry. Please don't do this. Please." I say tears brimming my eyes.

"Take care of them Jay. I love you all. Let them go, all of them." He obliges and his minions cuff her hands behind her and start to walk her towards the door, I watch as they lead her out of the room and through dark hallways. Alone.

Matthew's POV

We all head back to the cars, sullen and depressed. "Why'd she do it?" I ask softly, mostly to myself but Jay answered my question.

"Because that's who she is, who she's always been." We all get back to the house and sit down in the lounge, all the girls start to cry. Their Imprints comforting them, while I stuck out like a sore thumb, at least they have each other. My girlfriend is being trapped by an evil megalomaniac and no one is planning anything to get her back, instead they're crying and whining about it.

"Enough with the crying, we need to find a way to get Bryony back. For goodness sake you are the leaders of our race, the most powerful ones in the world and yet you can't save your own sister!" I shout before storming upstairs to Bry's room.