Chapter Thirty Eight ❄

Lyra's P-O-V

All of us are gathered in the living room including the royalties and Jamicah with her boyfriend, Manu. Everyone is tensed about where could be the two important couple should be. Today should be the day of our departure from this time yet they vanished and I know that something is not right.  Everyone suspects Hans to be the reason of this mess and I doubt that he will let us go back,  he is a douche bag after all.
The silence that is being enveloped in the hall is eerie and we just waited for everyone to say something. The guards are bowed down on the floor in front of the king and queen,  they are the one who is in duty when the couple vanished.
No one wants to say anything but anger and worry filled the entire room.

"Why didn't you noticed something last night?!" The king scolded the guards that is in front of them in this big throne room. "You should have guarded them harder."

"You should stop it now,  my dear." The queen sighed. "We need to think this through."
The king grunted and send the guards out. Everyone is silent.

Alia who is at the corner of the room with an open book in her hand widened her eyes and gasped. Every pair of eyes looked at her. She stared at us with much horror and show us the book which is opened and there we witnessed the text disappearing. Everything is changing,  History is changing. This is never a good news.

Manu sighed. "We are all in danger now. Well,  all of you will disappear and it's not going to be pretty. Me and Jam can be heading for another time."

Jamicah hissed. "We need to find them,  now!"

"But how?" I asked in annoyance. She is a bit bossy when she wanted to. I don't like people like that especially if you're not that important in the society like we do but who am I to say things?  They know more than usand she can help us more than anyone else.  I really need to shut my mind off now because I am saying things that would mess everything if they found out and I am not really that secretive when it comes to what I think,  maybe because I am used to it for being a princess back then.

She looked at Manu and sighed. "Call that Organization,  now. I guess, we need their help and they owe us big time."

Manu grinned and kissed Jam's cheek before heading at the corner of the room. I just rolled my eyes at their cheesiness and I can feel something inside my heart when I saw the gesture.

JealousyNah.

❄❄❄
I dot have any idea what organization she is talking about.  She is friendly enough but this couple is as mysterious as it can be.  They are a bit frightening actually (but they are attractive especially Manu wait what?).  We are waiting for the members of the "organization" that she is saying while she went to her room with her boyfriend to get something that might help us to retrieve the couple back. 
She went downstairs with two varnished kind of wood that I can't actually identify to know how it can help us to find Jack and Elsa. 
While Manu came with a sword and a dagger and gave it to Jam which she willingly accepts.  It is arranged in a perfect way and I still don't understand the reason for them to have this kind of things.

"it is well taken care of." Manu said, impressed. "you're good at keeping this things intact,  jamicah."

She snorted.  "this is important for me,  Manu.  'F course it is well taken care of. "

"That is one thing that I love about you." Manu winked at her which made her blush. They are sweet and I hate it,  call me bitter or something but there's no time for flirting now. Elsa and Jack is missing and I am far more attractive than Jam,  why aren't Manu notice that?

Wait,  what?!

"what is that?" I asked while pointing to the pieces of woods and the blades,  trying to divert my thoughts elsewhere so I am not going to think about this useless things.