Chapter 42 : Revelation

Days has passed and I was still chained to the damn bed. The damn woman wouldn't let me go anywhere unless I needed to pee and even then I was followed by many guards.

The message was clear, she didn't want me to escape.

As each day passed, I knew that Derek patience would soon run out.

One night, he made a clear statement. If I dared to flee or do anything else that wasn't being with him, he would chase... No, hunt me down.

It was quite scary to see something glint in his eyes. Like he was daring me to do so.

Of course, I was... too scared to defy his command, but now, I was quite relieved. 'Cause I knew he would come to save me.

What would happen after that would be another story. He would surely be mad at me for doing a deal without his consent.

"Oh god, please help me when the time come," I whispered out loud as I closed my eyes.

I knew my worries weren't on the right priorities, but I couldn't help myself. In my eyes, Derek was far scarier than any other people or situation I would ever be in.

Someone entered the room making me groan. Couldn't let me live my lone hostage life?

"Come with me," said the same man who took me to the washroom.

"Not like I have a choice..." I mumbled as he unchained me just to yank on it.

I hissed as my arms were painfully pulled. Soon after, I sat up and followed the guy.

"Why do we even keep this brat..." mumbled the man to himself.

"'Cause your dear Boss is supposedly my mom," I answered him making him slap me hard.

"Don't you even go there you fucking fag!" The man shouted as I spat the blood out of my mouth.

"Oh, did that hit a nerve? But trust me, I only told you what she kept saying to me. But..." I trailed as I watched him closely, "If you don't believe me, why don't you ask her yourself?"

He didn't answer instead, he yanked on the chain making me stumble forward. He started walking again, this time ignoring me completely.

Why would the woman keep the reason of my presence here secret?

I thought she wanted me to join her, that would mean she would have to integrate me into her group. Well, I would know soon enough...

I was pushed and forced to say on a chair. Then, he started to chain me to it, making me unable to move. I looked around, it looked like a torture room.

Once he finished, he left the room and I was left alone. I tried to move my hands, but I hated to say it, the guy did a pretty good job tying me.

When the door opened, Jessica entered in a black leather suit. She approached the table next to me and examined the content.

"Cole, I regret that I have to do this, but that man..." she paused. "Derek, brainwashed you. He made you forget me! So, I'll have to force the memories out. It'll hurt, but don't worry baby, everything will be back to normal once I finish okay?"

I sighed, "You're wrong," I snapped at her.

"Excuse me?" she replied I guess unhappy that I told her that.

"You're wrong, it wasn't Derek that made me like that," I decided that I would tell her the truth and if she was really my mother, she should know my Father's name.

"Then who?" she asked carefully as if she already knew the answer.

"It was a man who worked in the shadows, he could be everyone and anyone, he had no name, no identity. That is until he met a woman who changed him. The one who made me like this is..."

"Ivan..." she finished my sentence why her eyes filled with tears. "Y-your father did that to you? He made y-you forget about your own m-mother?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes, 'cause you were dead or he thought you were and after that, his heart, his humanity died. He trained my body and mind, so I could become a shadow too," I explained starting to believe a little more on the fact that she may be my mother.

"How did he make you forget about your own name and mother?!" she said angrily.

"I was young when you died, so he stopped calling me by my name and when I asked for you, he would hit me saying that my mother didn't exist. That I didn't have one. With time, I slowly forgot about those two things. It wasn't important anyways."

"It wasn't important?! Those two things made you who you are! My little baby!" she screamed shocked.

"You were dead and in the world I was forced into, that wasn't what I needed, but skills."

"I don't believe you. Ivan wouldn't do something like that."

"I always lived in the shadow and always will. I have no name and never had. I'm everyone and anyone. I have one and only one rule. I'll never have any personal contact whatsoever with my master," I recited even though I broke the last one.

This time, Jessica legs couldn't support her weight and she fell on the ground crying. I guessed it was a shock knowing that the one she loved made me forget her.

I waited for her to stop crying, but before that could happen, a deafening sound could be heard and the house was shaking so violently.

It started, Derek wrath was here and I was utterly scared once I thought what would happen when this battle ended.