Chapter 1

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

_____________

Present

Albus Potter stared at the small Time-Turner in his hands "If that old man was right on that girl, then Voldemort had been created from her death".

Scorpius's eyes widened "Seriously? Voldemort in love with a girl? You don't really want to believe to such a thing, do you?".

Albus frowned "I don't know if we can talk of 'love'. Maybe she was just his favourite, his right hand. But if it's true that she was so worthy, then... We should save her".

"And then what? Voldemort would have never existed? Oh, come on. You can't really think that".

"We should at least give it a try!" Albus insisted showing the Time-Turner "We didn't steal this just for failing. I want to do something good. Think of a world without Voldemort. My grandparents would be still alive, my dad would be a common ordinary wizard and many other people wouldn't be dead".

"But we should go back to many decades ago and meet young Voldemort...".

"His name was Tom Riddle then" Albus corrected.

"...And save this mysterious girl? There should be a reason if nobody tried to change that past so far. Nobody went to kill Voldemort before he could harm anyone, nobody dared to change anything".

"I don't care about that reason. I don't want to waste this chance. Save the girl, save Tom Riddle. It's easy. We just need to save this Susan Black. But if you disagree.. then I'll go alone".

Scorpius sighed shaking his head, but when he noticed that his friend was activating the device, he jumped up and tried to stop him.

"Albus wait!".

Too late.

The Time-Turner was already working and the young Potter soon disappeared.

~~~
Author's note

So this is how a weird new journey begins.
It's a (desperate?) attempt to link JK Rowling's work, the main saga of Harry Potter to the recent play The Cursed Child to the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, focusing on my favourite character, Tom Riddle.
And, as for the queen Rowling, the only way to do this is through extreme time travel and memories..

I confess that these first chapters are kinda boring, are just for giving suspense..
The fun comes from chapter 7 (guess why this number), when Tom Riddle becomes the real protagonist and chapters are much more longer and, hopefully, more interesting.

I added this note coz I noticed that many readers gave up after reading the first chapters. Anyway thanks you all for reading this and for your patience :) xx