Chapter 14

Someday maybe I will know
What's behind that window
And I will be on the inside
Looking out at the lonely night

And I will be by your side
We will hang the Christmas lights
Get lost in better times
If only in my mind

Feel my heart start bursting with envy
Coz I'm still in the dark

Feel my heart start bursting with envyCoz I'm still in the dark

_______

Few days away and Susan was already missing the school. She persuaded her cousin Dorea to bring her to Hogsmeade on Christmas, where she and Tom planned to meet if he'd have found the way to open the passageway they discovered.
She'd been waiting for that day since the morning she felt Hogwarts on the previous Sunday.
And now it was Wednesday.

"I missed this place. I didn't come here since graduation" Dorea elbowed her arm "Thanks for your great idea".
Susan was checking all the people they crossed in the streets "Do you remember Honeydukes?".
"If you're idea is to get an overdose of sweets again, I'm sorry but no. I'm not joining you. Even if I miss the exploding bonbons..".
Susan was already dragging her to that shop, when she recognized the boy who just exited the door.
"Oh" Dorea followed her stare "He's just more handsome than I remember".
"Shut up" Susan let her go, she couldn't help but run to him and hug her favourite partner in crime.
"You did it! You found a way to use that secret passageway!".
He tittered holding her "Nice to see you again too".
"Yeah. Three days and I've already missed you" she confessed letting him go, noticing that her cousin followed her "You remember my cousin Dorea, right?".
"Sure" he bowed his head to greet her, who just moved her head too.
"So I let you here for a couple of hours, okay? Don't get into troubles".
"Let's make three" Susan suggested.
Dorea rolled her eyes "Alright. Three. In front of Zonko".
She walked away in the opposite direction of the two students.

"How did you come here?" He asked with curiosity.
"Floo powder. Did you have troubles with the passage?".
"No, all fine. I'll show you when you'll be back".
She smiled joyful "Marvelous".
Three hours passed away so fast, as good times used to do.
They had to separate into Honeydukes.
Susan put  her purse in his hands "That's all the money I manage to gather. Take it. You kniw how to use it" he gaped but she interrupted him before he could make a sound "What's mine is yours, remember?".
He closed his mouth and nodded.
She extended her arms with an imploring look and Tom welcomed her into his warm arms again.
"Advanced happy new year" she whispered breathing his scent.
"Happy new year too. Be careful".
She stepped back with a warning glance "You too. And don't do too many things without me".
He smirked "Agreed".
She lingered her eyes on him, for remembering the most details about him to feel stronger for the next days so far from him.
He just stared back, with a glint of nostalgy into his beautiful eyes.

Susan believed she was late, but Dorea was even later, busy with a tall young man Susan recognized as an ex Hogwarts student.
"You hang out with Potter now?".
"Shh" Dorea hissed annoyed "He's better than the mad hatter".
"I liked the mad hatter".
"So go to hang out with him" the older Black pulled the younger towards the nearest chimney.