How Things Have Been

You set up another fire for another long night. Your brother, Ren, beside you.

"Are you sure I can't keep watch this time?" Ren asked.

"No." was your simple reply.

You have been living with your younger brother out on the streets of Japan for a long while now. About 6 years...

You wished you could go somewhere safer with Ren, but, you couldn't. If you did, then it wouldn't be safe for the other people.

You see, Ren has this 'slight' problem...

He has a demon: Black Demon Series to be exact.

But, not just any Black Demon Series... She's your best friend. Or was your best friend.

But anyway, because of this, Ren doesn't have much control over her, risking the chance of being possessed.

Ren grumbled, angry for not getting to keep watch. And he went to sleep.

Leaving just yourself and the darkness, with who knows how many vampires, and strange creatures!

You remembered your old friends back from being a slave, or rather, being 'livestock'.

Yuichiro, Mikaela, Akane, and the others. Oh how you wished you knew where they were. How they were doing...

You were lucky and managed to get out with Ren. Leaving them behind.

Though, you had to leave. If the vampires knew that your brother and you had the weapons you did, they'd kill you both. For sure.

You looked over to your brother just in case he wasn't asleep.

He was, so, you continued the night like so: Checking to make sure you brother was asleep, and to make sure danger wasn't around. No sleep.

(Somewhere else)

Yuichiro got called into Guren's office once more.

"What could it be now?" Yuu asked himself enthusiastically.

He opened the door to find Guren, Shinya, Guren's squad and Shinoa's squad in the ofice.

"... You threw a party, and didn't invite me..." Yuu said jokingly.

"Glad you could make it." Said Guren.

"So... What's Up?" Yuu asked while sitting next to Yoichi.

Guren was about to answer, but Shinya did for him.

"A camera outside of the city spotted a couples of kids with the Black Demon Series."

Shock was clearly shown on Yuu's face. "But I thought only people from the Japanese Imperial Demon Army had those!" Yuu shouted.

"It confused us too. That's why we're all going out there to see if they're hostile or not. Here's a picture taken from the camera of them both.

Shinya handed Yuu the picture.

Yuu's eyes widened even more with shock.

"(Y/N)?" He said aloud.

The others looked at him in shock.

"You know them?" asked Kimizuki.

"Yeah." was all Yuu said before walking out the door to prepare to leave.

(Your POV)

Before you knew it, morning came. But along with it, came the sound of a car.

Man this'll be a pain. You thought as you started to pack up the camp as quickly as you could.