Reunion

You were currently holding Ren's hand. You were both crouched in an alleyway.

The sound of the car grew nearer. It would be useless to run. You'd be spotted. So instead, you stayed where you were. Hiding.

Ren had one hand on the dagger at his side. The dagger that contained Matsuki. You had one of your handguns out.

You stayed like that for a long time. Listening to the engine of the car.

It wasn't too long after you heard the car engine really close. Then, it stopped. They stopped.

"(Y/N)?" You new that voice, but you didn't say anything in fear of it being a trick.

The familiar voice continued...

"(Y/N), it's me, it's Yuichiro! Remember?" His voice calmed a bit as he continued. "Remember when you left? I never knew why... I honestly thought you were dead..."

You hated that you left him and the others. You weren't from their orphanage. But you met them not long after either of you had been 'livestock' for very long.

Yuichiro started talking again. "(Y/N), I know you can hear me! Is Ren with you?! Why'd you leave?!" Yuu started getting angry.

This really made you want to run. But you knew you couldn't because of how close they were.

You looked down at Ren. He seemed to know what you were thinking and gave you a nod.

Then you shouted."Alright! I'm coming out! But I'm leaving Ren here until I know it's safe!"

Yuichiro smiled in triumph. And the others just looked at him like they were completely lost.

You came out of the alleyway with your black demon series completely equipped. Yuichiro ran up to you and, much to your surprise, hugged you. Though, since you weren't expecting this, you started falling backwards.

But, somebody grabbed the back of Yuu's shirt before he could land on top of you. Allowing you to regain you balance.

The first thing you noticed about the person who grabbed Yuu was his eyes. They were Violet. The man also seemed well-built.

He and one other had red under their outfits like some sort of trim. The others-including Yuu- had green.

But, what stood out to you the most: Everyone had the same thing on... Uniforms...

You crinkled your nose in disgust.

"What's wrong?" Said the man with violet eyes. He said it in a snotty manner that made you blood boil.

You began to cool down once you realized he had seen you crinkle your nose.

"I don't owe you an explanation." You stated, clearly still disgusted.

"Hey, (Y/N), what's wrong?" asked Yuu. It took him a moment, but he eventually got it. He started laughing.

"Uh, Yuu? Are you alright?" Asked a girl with her hair in pigtails.

"Uniforms." Was all Yuu could choke out over his laughter.

"Hmm... Explanation please?" Asked a guy with pink hair and glasses. (Telephone Pole- If ya know what I mean!)

Yuu was finally able to stop laughing enough to explain.

"You see, she just realized that we're from The Japanese Imperial Demon Army. She's never really been a fan- in a good way of course- so, you won't get much from her. But..."

Yuu paused and looked behind you. Standing there, was Ren. Right then, you were glad that he was smart enough to put the dagger in his bag.

"It's been a while, hasn't it Ren?"Said Yuu excitedly.

"Hey Yuu." Said Ren calmly.

Then... The most complex, most absurd, most confusing handshake ever imaginable happened. A handshake between friends that suits the age and size difference.

You face-palmed. "I can't believe you two still remember that." You said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about! This Handshake was carefully thought out! I have no idea how I would forget such a thing! And, it works perfectly with our height difference." Stated Yuu, matter-of-factly.

"Speaking of which," Yuu continued. "You haven't grown much have you?" Asked Yuu jokingly.

"I'm twelve!" Shouted Ren.

The three of you started laughing.

Unbeknownst to you three, everyone else from the Japanese Imperial Demon Army was smiling at the scene before them.