The Truth

So there everyone was, crammed in Guren's office, waiting for Ren and you to explain.

You took a deep breath, and told them... everything.

-------------------------------Flashback-When you were "Livestock"------------------ 

"Yuu! That's not fair!" You shouted. Mikaela, Yuu, Akane, Matsuki, and you were all currently playing soccer. Everyone else from the orphanage and Ren  was on the sides, either watching, or doing their own thing. 

"Oh yeah? Well we agreed that Mika would be the rule commissioner! Well, Mika?" Said Yuu.

Mikaela went by and stole the ball, which was currently in your possession, and scored against Akane. Which was exactly what Yuu did. "I say it's fair."  He said with a smile on his face.

You huffed in anger. You looked up after hearing a noise and noticed two vampires walking by. Their faces were showing, which meant they were nobles.

You didn't say anything, but looked at everyone else with a pleading look to get their attention. As soon as they saw them, everyone went back into their homes, which weren't too far away. Yuu and the others gave you one last wave of goodbye before leaving.

You grabbed Ren and lead him into a space between two of the broken-down buildings. Matsuki followed suit.

You could feel your spine tingle in fear. But then, Matsuki put her hand on your shoulder and gave you a reassuring smile. This calmed you down a little. 

"He said he was sorry!" You looked over at the unfamiliar voice and saw two kids. One was younger than the other. They had a mark on their face like they had been hit. The older one was a girl and she had her arms out to put herself between the boy and the vampires.

You could feel Ren squirm in your grasp. And, he got free. Just as the vampire was about to hit the girl, Ren jumped in the way. Hitting him instead. The vampire was going to hit him again, when Matsuki lashed out at it with a dagger. 

You had never seen this dagger before. But something told you that it had something to do with her "Meddling."

She would always give up a little extra blood in exchange for things from the vampires.

The boy and the girl both ran away after giving you pleading looks.

The vampire that had not hit Ren tried to get Matsuki from behind, but she quickly ducked. You took this time to get Ren to safety.

When you put Ren down in a safe spot, you noticed he was unconscious and covered in blood.

You put your ear to his chest, but you didn't hear his heart. You hugged Ren close, not knowing what to do.

After a while, Matsuki appeared behind you. She was all bloodied and beaten. You looked back at where the vampires were, only to see they were gone. Matsuki had killed them.

"You have to get out of here. Now. " Tears started falling from Matsuki's eyes as she spoke. "I just wish I could've seen the outside world."

"Matsuki... Ren.. He-" You couldn't talk. Your words were lathered in grief.

"In the home of the noble that looks over this place, there are two guns that can kill vampires. They are possessed by demons. Don't touch them with your hands until you're mind is cleared and you have no regrets. Understand? There is also an escape route through that home. Got it?" Her tone had gotten so serious. You nodded.

"But, what about Ren-" 

"He'll be fine." She interrupted.

She placed the dagger she held on Ren's chest. You noticed that there were runes in-scripted on it. 

When you looked at Matsuki again. Her eyes had turned red. 

She seemed different.

She seemed... Evil.

She moved her hand over the runes on the dagger, then, she disappeared. The dagger had a slight glow to it now.

You were startled when Ren started coughing, once again welcoming air into his lungs.

"(Y/N)? What's going on? Where's Matsuki? She feels so close. But, I don't see her anywhere." 

"I'll explain everything later." You said simply.

He nodded and you took his hand. You led him to your home and grabbed the remaining food that you guys had.

You placed everything in a small bag, and placed it around your shoulder. 

Then, you lead Ren to the noble's house that Matsuki mentioned. "Alright, stay here. I'll be right back." 

"Promise?" Asked Ren.

"Cross my heart." You answered.

You got up and went through one of the windows to get in. It would probably be better if the vampire didn't know you were there.

You started walking through the halls, silently hoping you were going the right way.

You saw a little glint further down the hall, only to see two hand guns sitting in a glass case. You grabbed the cloth you brought with you to pick them up, just like Matsuki said.

"Well, I thought I smelled something delicious. It seems you've wondered into the wrong home." The noble vampire had appeared behind you.

In an instant, he was right in front of you with his hand around your neck. He threw you into the wall. You felt nothing but pain. An image of Ren flashed into your mind. You got back up and sprinted towards the vampire like you had the intention of striking him. But, at the last moment, you slid between his legs.

You instantly smashed into the glass case, shattering the glass. As soon as you touched the two weapons, your hole world seemed to slow down. You closed your eyes.

What is your reason for wanting to use us? Said an unknown voice in your head.

I'm gonna die! You replied.

Why should we help you? Said the voice again.

Please! I have to protect my brother! You pleaded.

Very well. Said the voice once more.

When you opened your eyes, both guns were in your hands, pointed at the vampire. Without hesitation, you pulled the trigger of the gun in your right hand. Instantly killing the vampire.

You were too scared to stand there, so you immediately started running back through the halls and to where Ren was. 

As soon as you found him, you started your search for the escape route, finding it quickly.

And with that, you both left that place, and the people you knew, behind.

-------------Time skip- still in flashback------------------------------------------------ 

Ren and you sat by the fire. You had told him everything a few days ago when you had escaped.

"So, (Y/N), what's the names of your demons?" Asked Ren.

"Itsumu, and Otsamu." You answered. "They're twins. Though, it seems Itsumu talks more than Otsumu..."

"Are we gonna join up with the other humans?" He asked.

"I don't know. There might not be a place for us, not like this..." You answered.

"Maybe..." Said Ren.

------------------End of Flashback---------------------------------------------------

Everyone was silent after you shared your story. 

"Are we going to tell the higher-ups?" Said Yoichi.

"No." Said Shinya. Everyone else nodded in agreement. Ren moved from his spot next to Guren and went next to you. He seemed guilty. But you didn't blame him.