Vampire

You continued to walk.

What direction you were walking in? You had absolutely no clue.

You just continued walking, hoping that maybe Guren would find you before things got worse.

(Guren's POV)

It didn't take long to find Akatsuki.

Honestly, there wasn't much to say about him.

He looked... normal.

I honestly thought that he would look different. I mean, usually info-brokers wear cloaks and have beards and weapons are hidden everywhere in their clothes.

Akatsuki had glasses. He wore a simple shirt and jeans, and his hair was blonde. Nothing out of the ordinary.

But, I could tell that I wasn't the only surprised one when I saw him.

Shinya had to fight really hard to stifle his laughter, and Ren stood still with his jaw dropped.

I think I must have looked confused, because Shinya looked at me and started laughing harder.

"What do you want? I don't have all day." Once I heard Akatsuki say that, I already decided that I didn't like him.

I opened my mouth to say something, however, Shinya beat me to the punch.

"Yes, a friend of ours was taken by a vampire, and we were just wondering how to register this issue with the police. She has been missing for over 24 hours." Shinya said jokingly. I could tell that he was talking this way because of Akatsuki's rudeness before.

Akatsuki scoffed. "So, in a non-sarcastic way, your friend was taken by a vampire. How old?"

"Not a kid." I answered.

"I see. It's unusual for a vampire to take someone who isn't a kid into slavery... the closest thing I can think of.... I'm sorry. You might not like the answer." He said.

I nodded. "I don't care. I need to know where she is."

The info-broker nodded. "Come with me."

He lead us inside his living area, which simply looked like an old van.

Inside, there was a small bed in the corner, and the rest of the area had a bunch of computer screens and monitors.

He pulled up a computerized map of the area and instantly pointed to a building.

"I bet you, she's here." He said.

"What makes you say that?" Asked Shinya.

Akatsuki answered. "Well, if she were a citizen or a kid, they would have made her a slave. However, since she was taken purposefully by a vampire, this is where she'd be."

"Why?" Asked Ren.

"Look. This is the bad news.... the odds are great.... they most likely have made her one of them already... how long has she been gone again?"

I felt my stomach drop as I answered. "...3... days..."

"Yeah... I hate to say it... but, there's a 99.9% chance that your missing girl is a vampire by now."