In Which There are Two Suns

2- In Which There Are Two Suns

Trunks stirred. His head was hurting and there was a slight weight on his chest. He opened his eyes and smacked his dry lips. The air was miserably dry and heavy. It was obvious that wherever they were, it had a stronger gravity effect than earth did...

With a deep sigh Trunks leaned his head up a bit to look down. He let out a groan when he saw Pan's head resting on his chest. He let his head fall back with a light thud as he looked at the sky.

The sky was red...? There were two suns...? Where had he heard of a place like this before..? His eyes widened as he remembered. Of course he knew what this place was!

Quickly, and without thinking, he sat up. Pan's head fell off his chest with an audible groan. She sat up, holding her head.

"I feel so heavy..." She complained with a small whine. She felt as if the world was whirling around her and she took a few steady breaths to ground herself.

"The gravity is stronger here," Trunks explained, still looking around.

"Here?" Pan peaked an eye open before gasping and popping both her eyes wide open. Her eyes found the red sky and the two suns. "Trunks..." she whispered, "where are we?"

"If my thinking is correct... Vegeta-Sei." He stood up, dusting himself off.

"Vegeta-Sei?!" Pan nearly choked, standing up a moment later. "What...? How...? What's going on?!"

"These bracelets," Trunks said as he held up his wrist. "Are time-traveling devices."

"WHAT?!" Pan screamed. Her heart started racing frantically inside of her chest. Time-travel... Yes, she knew it was possible, but never did she think she would be the one doing it! And she was on Vegeta-Sei, a place that hadn't been around for the last 50 years.

"Why didn't you tell me that's what they were?!" Pan asked Trunks with a frown.

"I didn't really have time!" He huffed slightly. "You just broke them apart and then it started happening!"

Pan held out her wrist to him as she glared. "Fix it!"

Trunks have her a dull look, "what?"

"You were the one messing with them before we left, why can't you fix them now?" She huffed.

"I don't know how they work!" He retorted back with his own huff as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"What?!" She yelped. "Then why were you working on them?!"

"I was trying to figure them out," he gritted out between his teeth.

Pan huffed, grabbing her bracelet and giving it a hard yank. It didn't even budge. She glared at it, pulling it even harder, but still, it didn't move!

"Will you stop that?!" Trunks grabbed her wrist, holding it tightly. "It's obviously not going to come off."

Pan wrestled her wrist out of his strong grasp, huffing as she looked at the sky. "Then what are we to do?"

"Only thing we can do- fit in," Trunks said.

Pan peered closer, "how so?"

"Must you ask questions about everything?" Trunks rolled his eyes.

"Yes," Pan answered without hesitation.

"Well," Trunks looked at her. "My best bet is that we get clothes so we can fit in."

"Okay... But where would we get them at?" Pan asked, glancing around. All she saw was barren land surrounded by rocky mountains...

"Let's get up there," Trunks pointed to the nearest mountain. "We need to find the capital, or at least a city nearby and scope it out first."