In Which the Competiton Begins

Chapter 19- In Which the Competition Begins

Pan dragged her feet and rubbed her tired eyes as she entered the kitchen. She had slept wonderfully and truthfully didn't want to wake. Her stomach, however, demanded she did. It let out a low growl as if to remind her that it needed food.

"Good morning."

Pan jumped as she turned around to stare at Trunks. Suddenly, she was a little self-conscious about how she looked... She hadn't brushed her hair or changed her clothes.

Trunks smiled at her and reached over, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Did you sleep well?"

"Mhm," Pan nodded as her cheeks grew warm.

"Come," He grabbed her hand and led her to the table where a gracious amount of food was already sitting.

"Good morning," Bulma smiled as she entered the kitchen. "Did you two sleep well?"

"Yes," Pan nodded. "Thanks for letting us stay here, Bulma."

"Of course," she grinned as she took her seat. "You guys are family, even if you're a bit older..."

"Mama!"

Pan blinked as a three-year-old Bulla ran up to Bulma. She couldn't stop her giggles as she looked at her best friend as a toddler.

"Look, Bulla," Bulma said as she helped her into a chair. "It's Panny and Trunks."

Little Bulla glanced their way, but she didn't seem to care because she grabbed her drink in front of her instead of saying anything.

"I don't think she cares," a voice snorted from the doorway.

Pan turned her head just in time for Little Trunks to walk into the room and take the other seat beside her. Slowly, she looked over at her other side where the other Trunks was seated.

"Where's Goten?" She asked.

"He went home," Little Trunks yawned. "Don't worry though, Mom told us to keep our mouths shut about you two and Goten will forget all about you as soon as he smells Chi-Chi's food."

Pan let out a small laugh. That sounded like Goten alright.

"My boy..." Bulma whispered. She was looking between Trunks and Little Trunks with watering eyes.

"Mom, stop," both of them mumbled.

Pan's eyes widened and she glanced between the two of them again. They were even eating the same way... Slowly she shook her head and started in on her own breakfast.

"Panny," both Trunks spoke once she finished eating.

"You guys have to stop doing that," she told them.

Trunks let out a small snort. "Kinda hard when we're the same person, but-"

"Hey, Panny," Little Trunks interrupted and tugged on her sleeve. "What are you doing today?"

"You mean what we're doing," Trunks said.

"No, I'm asking her, not you," Little Trunks huffed.

"Trunks."

Pan glanced up to see that Vegeta was now in the kitchen. He didn't look different at all... "Hi, Vegeta," Pan greeted with a smile.

"Kakarot's Brat," he acknowledged.

"Oh come on!" Pan whined. "It took you forever to finally call me Pan," she pouted.

Pan could faintly see the corner of Vegeta's lips twitch. It was a secret that he would never admit, but he liked to tease people in an enduring way, much like his son.