In Which the Secret is Out

Chapter 21- In Which the Secret is Out

Pan stretched as she walked down the stairs. She had slept in for once and it had felt amazing, although she was surprised to find that Trunks hadn't come to wake her up, demanding they go do something.

She entered the kitchen and froze when she saw KT standing in front of the counter with a blanket wrapped around his shoulders. He was right in the middle of pouring himself a bowl of cereal and when he saw her, he froze.

"Where is everyone?" Pan asked curiously. The house was too quiet.

"Mom and Bulla are our shopping and old me took dad away for the day to do something," KT shrugged.

"What are you doing home?" Pan raised a brow. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

KT let out a cough then. "I'm sick..."

Pan fought the urge to giggle. She knew he wasn't sick. Trunks wasn't the type of person to get sick and she doubted he was even that way as a kid. KT was faking it but she didn't say anything. Sometimes people needed a day off.

"Well, if you're sick, you shouldn't eat cereal," she told him. "Come on, I'll make you some oatmeal."

"Oatmeal?" KT abandoned his bowl of cereal and followed her to the pantry.

"Mhm," Pan nodded as she grabbed some oats. "Oatmeal is good for you when you're sick. Plus, it's yummy."

KT watched as Pan diligently made the oatmeal on the stove, and then he watched as she added a few extra flavors in it, like butter, sugar, and cinnamon.  After she was finished she put it into two bowls and set it them on the table before fixing her and KT some milk to go with it.

"Thanks," KT told her as he sat down at the table with her.

"You're welcome," Pan smiled.

She watched as he carefully took a bite of it before his eyes widened. "This is good! You must be a good cook, Panny."

She let out a small laugh, "it's just oatmeal, it's not hard to fix, but for a little bit, I was a baker."

"Really?" His eyes widened. "Is that what you will do when you return to your time?"

"I'm not sure," Pan shrugged her shoulders. "Before Trunks and I jumped, I had just gotten out of high school, but when I helped in the bakery for a bit, I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure. I'm not good at anything.

"I'm sure you would be a good baker, Chi-Chi is."

"That's true," she nodded with a smile.

The two are their oatmeal before they retired in the living room. Trunks turned on the TV to an old show and it only took Pan a few minutes to recognize what it was. It was the show that Trunks had told her about, the one with the police officer with special powers.

"Do you like this show?" Pan asked KT.

"Mhm," he smiled. "It's my favorite show. It's cool."

"Being a police officer would be cool, don't you think?" Pan asked.

"Yeah," KT's grin widened before it fell. "But I would never be able to be one."

"Why not?"

"I'll probably have to work at CC," he mumbled. "That's what older me is doing, right?" He glanced up at her. "I'll be stuck there."

"You don't have to be stuck there," Pan told him. "You can be whatever you want to be. If you want to be a police officer, I think you should do it."