In Which It's Their Future

Chapter 22- In Which It's Their Future

Trunks stared at his future son with wide eyes. He and Pan had named him Kiba, after the very Saiyan who saved Pan's life.

"Did I win?" Kiba asked as he blinked up at him. Trunks could see that he had his eyes and Pan's dark hair.

"Yeah," Trunks nodded with a small smile. "You won."

"What did I win?" Kiba asked in excitement.

"A bath," Pan told him.

"Mommy!" He said with a pout.

"You're covered in flour," Pan said as she used the rag she was holding to tap his nose. "Want to tell me why?"

Trunks was surprised at how well Pan was handling the situation, especially since she had been so upset in their bedroom. Truthfully, he felt a little lost himself. How did their bracelets skip their current time? Why was he and Pan in their older selves bodies, what happened to their young adult bodies?

"I was makin' breakfast," Kiba shrugged.

"How about Mommy gives you a shower and then we'll go get breakfast," Trunks suggested to Kiba.

"Okay!" He chirped as he grabbed Pan's hand. "I want a bath."

Pan caught Trunks' eyes and he gave her a small nod. "I'll call my mom." If anyone knew how to help him and Pan out it would have to be her.

She nodded in return and stood up as she held Kiba's hand. "Okay, let's get you that bath."

"Can I take a bath in yours and Daddy's tub?" Kiba asked as he led the way to the stairs. "It makes bubbles!"

"Sure, Baby," Pan said.

Trunks watched them disappear up the stairs with the dog following them. He had a dog... That seemed very attached to his son. He shuddered slightly. Kiba loved and adored the dog, so Trunks could handle it.

A low meow caused Trunks to turn his head and he glanced down to see a black cat sitting on one of the barstools staring at him.

"Thank Kami," he sighed as he leaned over to pet the cat. "I was afraid I would be alone."

The cat, who's name tag read, 'Matches' purred as Trunks pet it. "I got to find my cell phone," he muttered.

He picked up Matches before walking back up the stairs to his and Pan's room. From their bathroom, he could faintly hear the bathwater running and Kiba laughing. Matches wiggled out of his grasp before she jumped on the bed and then onto the floor to check out the noise that was coming from the bathroom.

On the nightstand beside where Trunks was sleeping was an iPhone, he assumed it was his since it had a picture of Pan and Kiba as the background. His fingerprint unlocked it too, and soon he was in his contacts to find his mother's number.

She answered on the third ring, "Hey, Honey."

"Mom," Trunks began, and then stopped when he heard loud music overhead and loud chattering. "Where are you?"

"What do you mean where am I?" Bulma said. "I'm on a week cruise with your father. It took me years to talk him into going, remember?"

"You got dad to go on a cruise?" Trunks muttered. His father wasn't the type to go on vacations, especially if it meant he had to be away from the Gravity Room for a while.

"Yes..." Bulma spoke softly. "Are you okay? Are Pan and Kiba okay?" Her voice started to sound a little worried.

"No- I mean, everything's fine," Trunks assured her. He knew if he told his mom what was going on, that she would cancel the vacation and come home right away and he felt guilty for doing that to her. She would be gone just a week, Trunks could handle it. "I was just checking up on you and Dad," he said.