In Which Things Are Awkward

Ooh look!! It didn't take me forever to update this! Hehe I hope you all enjoy! :)

8- In Which Things Are Awkward

To say things were awkward, was a bit of an understatement. Pan hadn't felt this awkward since her father had trying giving her and Goten and the sex talk. Thankfully her mother had taken over once her father started comparing boys and girls to flowers and bees.

"But, I thought boys and girls can't share rooms," Goku said after Yamcha had told him the sleeping arrangements. "That's what Bulma said anyways."

"Boys and girls who aren't together can't sleep together," Bulma told him with a huff. "Trunks and Panny are engaged."

"Engaged?" Goku knitted his eyebrows together.

"It means they're going to get married," Yamcha sighed.

Pan glanced at Trunks and saw that he had a face that looked a lot like disbelief. She wondered if he was surprised that her father used to be so clueless... She would have been too, if she hadn't already known by the stories her mother and Bulma had told her.

"Oh," Goku's eyes widened. "So they're going to get married and have sex," he said.

Pan choked on her drink and beside her she could tell that Trunks nearly did the same. She knew her teenaged father was saying innocently, but just the thought of sex, her and Trunks in the same sentence did things to her stomach and chest. Things she would much rather forget about.

"Or maybe they're already having sex since they're going to get married," Goku said.

Pan was sure her whole face was red. She felt incredibly hot, like someone had suddenly turned the temperature up several degrees and added humidity in the mix as well. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see that even Trunks had a bit of pink to his cheeks.

"Goku, stop talking about sex!" Bulla huffed at him.

"What?" Goku blinked. "You said that's what married couples did to make babies! Ain't nothin' wrong with it!"

Pan stood up suddenly and cleared her throat. "Well, thank you so much for dinner," she told the group. "It's getting late and it's been a really long day, I'm going to bed now if you'll excuse me."

"Me too," Trunks jumped up quickly.

Pan walked towards the home as quickly as she could without her leg hurting too bad. She could feel Trunks just behind her.

"You think they're going to-"

"Goku, don't you dare finish that sentence!" Bulma yelled and Pan let out a low groan.

XxXxX

Trunks stared at the ceiling with tired eyes. It had been one, very long day which had first started on Vegeta-Sei and was now ending several decades before his and Pan's original time.

After coming in from dinner, they hadn't talked much. Pan had taken a shower and thankfully Yamcha and his mother had clothes that they could wear to sleep in.

Now, the house was quiet. Very faintly, he could hear Goku's snores from the living room where he was sleeping. He could tell that just like him, Pan wasn't asleep yet. Perhaps she was deep in though as well.

"Trunks?" She spoke quietly as if sensing that he had been thinking about her.

"Yeah?" He replied back, his eyes darting to the bed where she laid. He knew it would have been awkward for both of them to share the bed so he took the floor.

"When I woke up earlier... At first, I thought that maybe this whole time-traveling thing had been a dream," she said. "I hoped it was a dream... Kiba..." he could hear her voice breaking. "I was hoping it was a dream... What he did for me, for us. I'll never forget that," she whispered.