4.1

As you think about how amazing they are and how they'll look in real life compared to in the movie and/or books, you hear an elf pass by your hiding place and hold your breath. Luckily, he doesn't find you. You wonder why the Guardians didn't let you in on their discussion that they started after you had given back North's sword. You had helped save your brother, so why was it that they didn't want you talking with them about probably other dangerous things? What was the problem with that?

You also wonder who the girl was who was with Pitch during the rescue. You think about the coin that was hung around her neck that looked like yours. It had a four-leaf clover on both sides. Thinking about the symbol, you wonder if the girl has something to do with the Leprechaun. But what would she be doing with Pitch, and what does this have to do with your coin? Why had those coins been handed out to you and your brother?

You hold your breath again as you hear footsteps approaching. This time, the owner of them doesn't pass you by.

"Found you!" your brother exclaims as he pushes the boxes you were hiding behind aside.

"I didn't know you were it!" you say. "I thought that Dingle was it."

"He is," b/n says back, "but he found me already, so now I'm helping him."

"Oh, okay," you say. "Let's find the others."

When you, b/n, and Dingle finish finding the other elves, you play a few more games, and then it's time for dinner. There are mashed potatoes, roasted chicken, turkey, and ham, biscuits with gravy, and other things like that.

"How has your...discussion been going?" you ask North, for the Guardians came out of the room where they had been talking in to eat some food.

"That's none of your concern," he responds. "We will tell you about it later."

"Why not now?" you ask, slightly impatient. "You guys told me that I was 'important'; why won't you tell me what's going on?"

"We will inform you on what's going on later, but, for now, we have to keep you safe," he says. "If you knew inside information -I don't think Pitch knows you're important yet- you could be a target for him. We only let you come with to save b/n because we knew you would not take no for an answer. We will tell you what we've been doing when we're ready to act, but not now." You walk away and put some food on a plate. You're looking forward to knowing what the Guardians are planning and if they can make sense of the girl and the coins. It's then that you realize that they don't know about you and your brother's coins. You walk over to Jack.

"Hey, if this helps you guys at all, b/n and I have coins that look just like the one the girl who was with Pitch was wearing," you tell him.

"Really?" he asks.

"Yeah," you respond. "But I don't have mine with me."

"But I have mine!" your brother exclaims from behind you. You turn around, and he pulls the golden coin from one of his back pants pockets. He then holds it up to Jack.

"See?" b/n says. Now that you're looking at it in a bit more detail, you can see that it has a dark aura around it, like the girl's coin had, except that b/n's coin's aura is very faint. You assume that your coin is the same way.

Jack inspects it without taking it from him, and then nods.

"I think that might help," he says.

"Do you need it?" b/n asks, lifting it more towards Jack.

"No," he says, backing away from the coin like it's toxic or something. You find this behavior strange.

"What's wrong with it?" you ask him.

"Well, I'm not completely sure, but I...just to be safe," he answers. Your brother's eyes widen.

"Is it cursed?!" he asks, panic in his voice, and he throws the coin across the room, away from himself. Sandy, who's in it's path, quickly dodges it and looks back in confusion. A golden question mark appears above his head, as if to say "Who threw that?", or "What happened?".

"I think I figured something out," Jack tells him. "Don't touch that coin." Sandy nods but still looks confused. You're glad that you left your coin at home.

***

You hear a knock on your door as you finish putting on your pajamas that were put in your temporary North Pole room by someone, and you twist the doorknob to open it. Standing there is your brother.

"What is it?" you ask him.

"Y/n...are we going to be okay?" he asks. "I was kidnapped, and we have cursed coins...are we safe? I'm scared that the Boogeyman's gonna get me again, or something else bad is gonna happen..." You wonder how long he's been worrying about all of that.

What do you say back?

Don't worry, we'll all protect you- 5.0

Here, how about we build a pillow-and-blanket fort to protect us?- 5.1