7.11

"We should have a race," you say.

"Okay!" Jack says happily.

"But I'm tired!" b/n complains.

"We can just rest for a bit more first," you point out.

Once everyone's all rested up, the details of the race are discussed. It is decided that there will, in fact, be three races- one running, one flying, and one where you can do whatever you want.

"Where will the start and finish lines be?" Tooth asks.

"I know some good places," Bunny responds.

"Okay, then you can be in charge of that," you tell him.

"But that wouldn't be fair!" Jack exclaims. "It's already his Warren. He already knows this place better than we do, and you're giving him the even greater advantage of choosing the race course? We won't know what the path is like!"

"He's going to show the course to us before the race," Tooth says. "Right, Bunny?" She eyes both him and Jack, seemingly trying to prevent a fight.

"Right, mate," Bunny responds. However, by the look on his face, you can tell that he's probably going to choose an area for the race that will put Jack at a disadvantage.

***

Once the course is done getting set up, Bunny shows it to everyone. It's a long strip of area that has pretty flat ground but large rocks and lumps of dirt sticking out at odd angles near the kind-of-low ceiling, which would make it harder for people to fly up there. The start is marked with a line of pastel paint, as is the finish.

"How about, for the race where ya can do whatever ya want, the flyers have ta fly by the ceiling?" Bunny suggests. "Ta make everyone less crowded, of course."

"Bunny, you're not going to rig this," North tells him. Bunny looks like he's a combination of irritated and disappointed.

"Who'll be the judge of who wins if it's a really close call?" Tooth asks.

"I will," Shannon volunteers.

"As will I," Uaithne adds. "We're probably not as biased as da rest of yee are." He then says a spell and teleports, probably to the finish line, which you can't see because it's around a few bends. Shannon stays by the starting line.

"Alright," she says. "Ready? Dis is da running one. Noting else is allowed. Yer feet must be touching da ground." Everyone, minus her and her husband, lines up on the starting line, ready to start running the moment she says it's time.

"On yer mark, get set, go!" she calls, and everyone takes off sprinting. At first, Jack is in the lead, but it's quickly taken over by Bunny within a few seconds. He's the one who ends up winning. Jack ends up winning the flying race, with Tooth closely following. It's now time for the third and final race, now that everyone's rested. Everyone lines up at the starting line, getting ready to do whatever they're planning on doing to try to win the race.

"Alright," Shannon says. "On yer mark, get set, go!" Everyone takes off- Tooth, Sandy, Jack, and you fly, while North, Bunny, and your brother run. Then, you notice something. Warrior Eggs are trying to block Jack, who's flying close to the ground. This causes him to fly upward, where he's forced to dodge all of the rocks and such towards the ceiling. Bunny and Tooth are now locked in the lead, with you following close behind, as your strength allows you to propel yourself forward at a quick speed. You don't know where Sandy, b/n, and North are in relation to each other or the other people in the race, but you assume that they're still behind Jack. The Warrior Eggs start to try to block Tooth as well, so she's also forced to go up. Now you and Bunny are tied. You try your hardest to get ahead of Bunny, but he's pretty fast. The finish line is now dead ahead. You call upon whatever strength that you have left and manage to leap ahead of Bunny. You would've won had it not been that North was already standing there.

"North!" Bunny shouts.

"It was never mentioned that I couldn't use a snow globe," North states. "I win!" Everyone else begins to cross the finish line. In last is your brother, who trips over a rock as he crosses the line of paint. He begins to cry, although it's apparent that he wasn't hurt nearly as bad as he's making it seem like.

Nevertheless, what do you do to try to make him feel better?

Treat his "injury".-8.30

Pick him up and cuddle him, treating him like he's as hurt as he's acting like.-8.31

Try to make him laugh.- 8.32