10.14

"Yes!" you exclaim, and North's face glows with happiness. He pulls you into an embrace, and you feel his warmth against you, protecting you from the cold. When you two let go of each other, you each stare into the other's eyes lovingly but awkwardly, not sure what to do now that you're in this situation.

"Um...so...," you begin, "bye?" You do have a job to do. As f/n Daydream, the Guardian of Imagination, you spread imagination in dreams, create mysteries for children to try to solve, and sometimes play pretend with your believers. You also kept your word to the Leprechaun of being her friend and helping her make other friends, so you visit her at least once a week.

As you start to fly off, however, North grabs you by the arm.

"Wait!" he says, and he pulls you back and kisses you. A tingling feeling spreads from your lips all the way to your toes, making you warmer than your coat that you got for Christmas last year does. One of his strong, caring arms is wrapped around your waist, and the other is touching the back of your head. You keep both of your arms around his neck for the few seconds that the kiss lasts, and then you both pull away.

"So, see you at your Christmas party tonight?" you ask him.

"Yes, I'll see you there," he responds, and then you fly away, your heart pounding in your chest, looking forward to the party.

The End