9.15

During dinner- since lunchtime passed while everyone was unconscious- plans for the rest of the day are discussed after you put you and your brother's things in your respective temporary rooms. Everyone will help North and the Yetis make toys and make sure that nothing goes wrong, all the while thinking about what Pitch and Órfhlaith's plan might be. Once it becomes really late, the non-immortals- you, your brother, and Shannon- will all go to sleep until morning. Currently, it's December 23rd. Tomorrow's Christmas Eve. Everyone's sure that Pitch and the corrupted Luck Masters will attack again before Christmas Eve night.

When you finish eating, you head down to the main area with b/n, Shannon, Uaithne, and North, who are also finished, where Yetis are busy making toys.

"How should we go about helping dem?" Shannon asks North.

"Just look around and see who might need help," North responds. "And be sure to keep an eye out for Nightmares and corrupted Luck Masters." You and your brother walk around together, Shannon and North going elsewhere, until you see a Yeti who needs to paint a lot of toy trains.

"Would you like some help?" you ask the Yeti. He nods and gestures to some extra paint and paintbrushes behind him. You and your brother grab them and begin to help paint. There isn't a very large variety of colors that need to be used, so it's not too complicated. However, you keep on fixing your brother's painting jobs, as he keeps on accidentally leaving blank patches. At one point, you look up from your painting and notice that he looks...troubled.

"Are you okay?" you ask him.

"I'm scared," he admits. "And I miss Mom and Dad. And I want to go home. You're the only person that I actually know here, so I feel lonely."

"Don't worry," you say. "You'll probably go home soon."

"What about you?" he asks you.

"I have powers," you respond. "I don't know for sure, but I might be a Guardian. I might not come home with you." He looks sad. "But I'd still visit sometimes," you add.

Tooth then comes over to you two.

"Do you guys need help?" she asks. She then notices your brother's sad face. "What's wrong?"

"Y/n might not come home with me," b/n responds. "She says that because she has powers, she might be a Guardian."

"Powers don't make someone a Guardian," Tooth states. "Now, the Man in the Moon thinks she might be one, but she might not be."

"But what if she is one?" your brother asks.

"You'll still see her sometimes," Tooth replies.

"She already told me that," b/n states, and he goes back to painting.

"I promise that I'll visit you if I become a Guardian," you tell him, trying to re-enforce this to make him less sad. He gives you a small smile and then resumes his focus on the train that he's working on. You focus more on your painting as well, and Tooth joins you both.

When it's time for you to go to bed, you go back to your temporary room, grab some of your things, and head to the bathroom to change, brush your teeth, and such. When you return to your room, you find your brother asleep in your bed, a Dreamsand image of the whole family opening Christmas presents, taking pictures, and celebrating together. You smile at this, settle down in a comfy chair, since your bed is taken, and soon fall asleep.

***

"ARGH!" you hear North shout from below, following a crashing noise. After breakfast, you began painting with your brother and Tooth again. It hasn't been too long since then.