Chapter 56 - Honeymoon

I can't believe we're going to Turkey. Yesterday after making a mess in the kitchen I somehow avoided fulfilling my bet through the punishment given by Ami which was to sleep in separate rooms. Granted I didn't get much sleep.
"Ayaan how is this possible?"
"What?"
"I mean you said it's a private island in Turkey that you own. Where did you find the time to buy an island?"
"It's not just mine. I share it with a couple of friends, in the holidays we usually go hang out together"
"Cool"

He takes me through first class and sits next to me.
"Have you ever been on a plane before?"
"Yes actually. Ibrahim took me on his private jet"
"Damn, that sure beats first class. I thought I got you awesome seats"
"It doesn't matter Ayaan chill"

He takes hold of my hand and draws patterns on it absentmindly while watching a movie. I look up from the book I'm reading to stare at him. He doesn't even know what he's doing to me. I feel weird tingles everytime he touches me. He looks at me and raises a  eyebrow.
"What's up?"
"Nothing" I shake my head and get back to reading my book.
"Watcha reading?" I hear him say. I look to see he's come a lot closer to me. He pears into the book making me smile.
"It's an islamic book. I told you I'm trying to learn more" I explain and he smiles.
"Nice" he rests his head on my shoulder.
"So what have you learned?"
I forgot that he's talking to me and focus on the arm that's around me.
I watch as people go by looking at us and smiling. 
"Ayaan"
"Hmm" He says and I look to see his eyes closed.
"People are looking at us"
"So? They've never seen such a beautiful couple"
"What?"
"Even though this couple is only beautiful because I'm here to take away your..."
"My what exactly?" I glance at him.
"I wasn't going to say ugly. I was thinking if a slightly less powerful word" he smirks.
"Get off me!" I shove his arm and move his head.
"Idiot"
"I'm kidding Zayna"
"Really? I didn't notice. Your jokes are so pathetic"
"What? I didn't hear that, my ears are prone to nonsense"
"Well then you must be deaf because that's all you listen to"
"That was horrible"
"You're horrible"
"I'm amazing you're horrible"
"Don't start in front of everyone"
"No. I will!" He challenges
"I'm not talking to you then"
"Why not?"
"Because you never know when to stop"
"That's why you're not going to talk to me?"
I don't answer, instead I open my book and start reading.
"Zayna. Come on don't be like this!" He says.
He pokes my arm and I shuffle away from him. He pokes my cheek and I glare at him. The guy is really annoying. Why do I like him again?

I'm glad you admit it.

Shut up. 

"Zayna" he whispers. I continue reading until I feel a pair of warm lips on my cheek. My mouth hangs open and I snap my head to face him. He smiles happily
"What?"
"You can't do that in front of people" I whisper shout.
"You can't stop me" he smirks.

"Ayaan just go to sleep. You're tired"
"I'm not"
"Well you're making me tired. Please be quiet"
"Excuse me" I hear and turn my head to the left to see an old couple.
"Is he your husband?" The woman asks
"Unfortunately yes" I smile at them. They laugh 
"Hey!" I hear Ayaan say.
"What it's true" I say back at him.
"You seem like a lovely couple. The love is very clear between you"
"Thank you. That's very kind and I hope we only get to continue our love like you two" I look at Ayaan as he says that. He looks down at me and winks.
"Oh he's such a cutie. Very good looking as well"
"Thank you.  I try tell her that but she never admits it"
"Oh dear you must tell him that"
"Sorry but his ego is already sky high and I don't think boasting it would do me any good" I defend 
"Come on. You tell me" Ayaan asks the man. "If a man doesn't hear compliments from his wife then who else will he hear it from"
"That's right." The man chuckles
They both look at me waiting for me to say it. I look at Ayaan who's smirking.
"Fine! Ayaan... you're good looking" I mutter.
"Where's the passion?" He asks
"Yes dear say it like you mean it"
"Are you guys serious?"
"Very"
I sigh deeply then look at Ayaan who's waiting, his eyes dancing with mischief.
"Ayaan, Allah has truly granted you with an adorable looking face however your personality seems to be lacking in some major areas"
"What?" He says in shock. 
"At least she said you got an adorable face" the woman laughs with her husband. 
"I'll get you back criminal" he whispers. 
"Really? I'll be waiting" I smirk.