Chapter 12

Lena understood things so much better now.

Kara's random absences. Her " emergency phone calls" from Alex, having to leave in a hurry because of those calls, that 5 days she was missing, oh, Lena ached at that realization.

Kara had been hurt, she had been stabbed with that strange green shard, she was Supergirl and Supergirl was supposed to be impenetrable and she had been hurt.

Those days she had been gone, Lena realized, she must have been recovering. It was an awful thought. She should have been angry, but every time she remembered Kara as Supergirl, lying in her arms, someone who was superhuman vulnerable, in her arms, she couldn't find her anger. She felt, if anything, a deeper realization that Kara, Supergirl was just as vulnerable.

She was not as invincible as she made herself seem.

She remembered the feel of those strong, protective arms as they carried her, as they wrapped around her. She knew she was safe with her, Kara was always trying to protect her as Supergirl. Kara as Kara Danvers was always trying to make her feel safe.

It should have been terrifying but instead, Lena found it hard to breathe, thinking of the lengths Kara was going to in order to protect her.

She just wanted to Kara to open up both side of herself to her. She needed it.

Did Kara not trust her?

Or was it something else?

Lex was still trying to kill her, she couldn't be sure, but Lena thought her mother was up to something. Maybe it wasn't herself Kara didn't trust but the people around her she didn't trust.

That's what bothered her. Lena would never tell them, but if they somehow found out, they would use Lena against Kara or they would get to Kara when she was off guard, when she was Lena.

Lena suddenly came to a horrible and harsh realization, one that made her heart ache and her feel sick to her stomach.

That strange green shard wasn't Kara's only weakness.

..............
I know it's short but it's a quick update for all of you who enjoy this book thank you for all your support and loving this book 💕

I was wondering if you guys would do me the favor of following my  fandom page on Instagram it's for all fandoms like  DC/Marvel/Supernatural..etc. it's called (supergirl_cookie)

Thank you again

Love you all 😘
  Xoxo
          Anita