Chapter 17

There was nothing.

They heard nothing from Alex. Nothing from Kal El. They never returned from their mission. Lena was spotted leaving the labs.

Kara saw that same tiredness in her eyes, but now it was followed by calculations, along with deeper worry all etched beneath a mask of calm. She saw Lillian Luthor pass by, smugness written on her cool exterior.

J'onn forbade her from going in herself. If Cadmus was able to capture Superman, what would stop them from capturing Supergirl?

It killed Kara inside, knowing Alex might be in there, suffering and alone. It hurt that her cousin had to be under great duress for him to even be captured.

She couldn't wait this long, she couldn't do it. It was too much.

She needed to go to Metropolis. She needed to face the Luthors herself. She needed to know why they had her blood. She needed to know what the end goal was and why was Lena involving herself.
Kara didn't tell J'onn. She left one night after her work with the DEO, unaware that it wasn't them she had to worry about following.

She flew straight for Metropolis, straight for the location of the labs. At this point, it didn't matter to her if she was caught. Cadmus had her family. They had Lena. She would do what she had to in order to get them out.

Kara broke the door. Kal hadn't had to break in, Alex and her team had been more subtle. She blazed through, flying down the stairs with great speed, she ignored the elevator, busting through metal. She tried her x-ray vision only to meet lead.

She was going in blind, but she figured she would try working from the bottom up. That's what bad guys did, right?

Kara realized she had been foolish when she broke through the doors to the bottom level. As lights blazed green around her, she felt her strength leave her.

Kara fell to her knees in the doorway as people rushed around her, batons in their hands.

One held a pair of shackles.

The shackles were snapped over her wrists as a baton met her temple and everything went dark