1- Here I Go

Thud! Thud!

The taxi ride got a lot bumpier as we turned on to a rocky, country road. I realized that I was sqeazing my penguin Pillow Pet so hard that my fingers have lost all color and my finger nails had layers of black fur under them.

"Gross." I muttered to myself, picking at my nails.

The bumpy ride lasted for about ten minutes before hitting the smooth pavement of a drive way. The taxi stopped in front of a large, no... a HUGE house. The house was a cream color with rims and windows an off black that looked stunning together. The house was at least three stories tall and, peeking into the back yard, was on the riverside. 

"Are you sure this is the Fisher house?" I asked the taxi driver. This couldn't be it.

"I'm sure, Miss." He said with a chuckle, as if he was laughing at how astonished I was. When he saw that I was still reluctant to beleive him, he added, "It's the only Fisher house in Bexley, Minnesota." I had to admit, it was a very small town.

"Oh, thanks." I said, still staring at the house in amazement.

"Do you need help with your bags, Miss?" He asked, still sounding amused by my reaction.

"Uh, no thanks." I mutter, fumbling out of the taxi after I handed him the money.

I got to the trunk and pulled out my large duffel bag and huge, expensive suitcase. I clutched my small back and my pillow pet in one hand and threw my duffel over my shoulder before lugging my suitcase behing me to walk up to the door.

"Here I go." I whispered to myself, making the final steps up the porch, abandoning my suitcase at the bottom of the porch stairs.

I hesitated for a long moment before knocking on the large, wooden door. It only took a few seconds before a middle aged man answered the door with a big smile on his face.

"You must be Madison!" He said, excitedly.

"Yah. You must be Mr. Fisher." I said, less excited.

"Of course. Come on in." He said, stepping aside and letting me through the door. When he saw my suitcase at the stairs, he grabbed it and brought it inside as I observed the inside of the mansion.

It was a sweet country side home with painting of meadows and feilds everywhere. There was a deer head in the corner of the living room, it looks nice, but I've always thought that that is kind of gross. There is a flat screen TV with a long L- shaped couch across from it.

"My mom didn't tell me how big your house was." I said, still taking it all in. "Or how georgous."

"Thank you." He chuckled. "Ace! Get down here, bring Alyja!" He yelled up the enormous spiral stair case.

"Oh, you have sons?" I asked, surprised.

"Yah, I actually have- "

He was cut off my speedy footsteps of a small boy running down the stairs, followed by a littler boy.

"This is my son Ace," He said, as the bigger of the two boys made his way next to Mr. Fisher. 

"Hello! My name is Ace Fisher and I'm seven!" He said happily, jumping up and down.

I bent my knees into a squating position to match his heighth, "Hi! My name is Madison Baker and I am sixteen."

"Woah... you're old!" He said, sounding intreagued.

"This is Alyja, he is four." Mr. Fisher broke in and I stood back up.

I watched as Alyja made his way down the last few steps then hid behind his dad's leg.