Twelve

Mesut was obviously late for practise the next morning. If he hadn't visited Vanessa that late at night the previous night, he probably could have made it on time in practise. He arrived at Emirates Stadium, and headed to the changing rooms immediately. He then went to the field where his teammates had already started their practise.
- Wenger's going to kill you.
Aaron said instead of a greeting.
- Do you think that I don't know it ?
- I seriously don't know what to think about you, Mesut. You're leaving the club without even saying why in the middle of the night, you don't even bother to make out with the hot chick that's staring at you and you come almost an hour late at the practise the next day still not having a good justification.
Mesut chuckled. He knew that Aaron was right but he really couldn't do much about it.
- I had a really strange night yesterday.
That was at least true.
- And what does this mean ?
- Well, that technically means, that after leaving the club last night, I went to Vanessa's house to check if she was with that man I saw her in the match.
Aaron smirked.
- You didn't.
- No, I did.
- Are you serious now ?
- Do I look as if I'm not ?
Aaron opened his mouth to say something. He couldn't though. He couldn't actually believe it. Something was wrong with his teammate, he knew that for sure. That wasn't like him at all.
- And what happened ?
Aaron asked still unable to believe what Mesut was saying.
- He was with her.
- So, they're fucking ?
- No.
Mesut said while a smile was formed on his lips.
- Then.......?
- He's her brother.
Mesut replied smiling brightly.
- Okay, good, he's her brother, they don't fuck, but why do we care ?
Aaron asked. He still couldn't explain Mesut's behaviour.
- We don't care. Why should we after all ?
- I don't know ?
- Okay, listen if you went with a girl out, where would you go ?
Aaron looked at him shocked.
- Did you ask her out ?
Mesut didn't bother to hide a proud smile on his face.
- Yes.
- Is it a date ?
- It could be.
- That's so, not like you Mesut. You barely know her.
- That's why I'm going on a date with her. So, to get to know her.
Mesut winked at him and Aaron rolled his eyes.
- Since when are you doing romantic shit again ?
- I wouldn't actually call it romantic. I'm trying to make her feel more welcome.
Mesut explained.
- Why do you care if she feels welcome ? I mean, it's not your job to make her feel like that.
Mesut didn't reply. He knew that this wasn't his job. Of course it wasn't, but he didn't mind actually do that. Vanessa was a really nice girl, let alone she was hotter than any girl he had met.
- Do you have any suggestions about where should we go, or should I ask Olivier ?
Mesut asked, caughting Aaron's attention once more.

- Give me a clue Mesut, I beg you, I need to know what I'm going to wear.
Vanessa complained while on the phone with Mesut. He had just finished practise while Vanessa was still at the studio, not actually paying any attention to the scene that it was filmed at the moment.
- I told you, it's a surprise.
- Do you want me to look ridiculous in my outfit ?
- Trust me, honey, you would look good whatever you would wear.
Mesut said. He only said that to prove himself in Aaron but deep down he knew that he believed it himself.
Next to him Aaron smirked. They were in the changing rooms, having finished their practise and Aaron was paying attention to Mesut's phone call.
Vanessa, on the other hand, hadn't finished her work for the day and much to her dissappointment Noah was staring angrily at her for not paying attention to her own movie.
- Are you trying to impress me with your compliments mr. Ozil ?
Vanessa asked as if she had found his compliment ridiculous but knowing that she had turned red.
- Yes, I'm actually trying to.
Mesut responded. Vanessa bit her lip. She liked the way Mesut was honest with her.
- Can you just focus on the scene for a moment ?
Noah whispered at her.
- Just give me a minute.
Vanessa responded and then spoke back to Mesut:
- It's your last chance to tell me where we're going.
- But I'm not.
- You're not funny at all mr. Ozil, tell me where we're going or I'm not coming.
- You'll come. I'll pick you up at eight even if you're wearing your pajamas, I really don't have a problem with that.
Vanessa opened her mouth to respond but Noah interrupted her intentions.
- We're trying to film a scene, the whole morning Vanessa, please pay attention, it's not a big deal.
Vanessa rolled her eyes at him. She was the one making the rules there and it was obvious that Noah had totally forgotten that.
- Mesut, I'm afraid I have to hang up. But I'll see you later. Take care.
Vanessa hang up and stared firstly at Noah and then at her actors who were looking at her with a weird expression on their faces. Vanessa knew what was that about. They were up to some insulting comments. But this time Vanessa wasn't going to let it happen.
- Firstly, Noah I don't want interruptions when I'm on the phone.
- You could talk to the phone later.
- Secondly, it's obvious that you have all forgotten that you're all working for me and that I can fire you whenever I feel like it, so do your best cause my movie was supposed to be good and with you as the cast I can't see this happening.
She was looking at all of them, feeling suddenly confident again.
- We're really sorry Vanessa and you're right but could you just pay attention so that you can say what you don't like ?
Vanessa looked at Noah with a raised eyebrow.
- No.
She replied.
- Vanessa........
- Film the scene and make sure I like it, cause you'll all be fired. I'm leaving now. I need to get ready for a date.
She said taking her purse and her coat and leaving the studio without her looking back.

She arrived at her house after some time. Unlocking the door she immediately saw her brother sitting at the couch.
- You're early!
Her brother commented.
- Yeah, I know. I.....I have.........you know.........
Her brother looked at her with raised eyebrows.
- Are you okay ?
- Yes, I'm fine. When are you going back to Ireland ?
- Do you want me to leave ?
- No, I didn't mean it like that.
- I know. I'm leaving tonight. Do you think you can drive me to the airport ?
Vanessa opened her mouth in shock.
- I've got something to do, but I guess I can cancel it, why haven't you told me earlier anyway ?
She asked with dissapointment being obvious all over her face.
- You didn't ask.
- Perfect.
She said grabbing her phone from her purse. She should call Mesut and cancel it. She wanted to spend some last time with her brother. But Mesut was going to come and pick her up anyway, besides she wanted to go with Mesut wherever he had arranged them to go.
- It's okay Vanessa. Mom can drive me too, it seems like you have something important to do.
- Okay, it's not that important.
- Really ? Then you can cancel it.
- I can't. Well, I can but........it doesn't feel right.
- Is it a bussiness appointment ?
Vanessa nodded.
- I'm going to take a shower.
She said leaving her cell phone and her purse in the living room.
She made her way towards her bathroom. Her brother was making way too many questions and Vanessa didn't want him to know that she was going out with Mesut later. It was like she had chosen Mesut over her family. Or her carreer. And that was a huge mistake since she came back to London to focus on her carreer. That was what she needed but she had found herself paying much more attention in other things.
As the water was cascading her body she promised to try more about her movie. She was going to tell Mesut that she needed some time on her own. It wasn't a big deal. Her carreer was much more important. She needed to do the best she could so for her movie to be as successful as the previous one was.
She wasn't even sure that she wanted to spend time with Mesut. No, that wasn't true. She wanted to spend time with him. The truth was, that he liked his company a lot more than she liked to admit.
Was it that he was so friendly ? So funny ? So honest ? So sexy ?
She tried not to think the "so sexy" part.
He was undeniably hot and the fact that he acted as if he knew it, didn't help at all.
Vanessa wrapped herself in a towel and made her way to her bedroom. While she was crossing the hall she saw her brother with the corner of her eyes being on her phone. She slowly changed direction and headed to the living room. Her brother hadn't noticed her at all and she stayed steady staring at him.
She cought to caught his attention and he looked at her innocently.
- Your phone was ringing.
- And ?
- It was a message.
Vanessa paled in the thought of Mesut texting her. Her brother must have understood that because he smirked at the way she looked at him.
- Give me my phone please.
- Sure.
Wilson replied giving her, her phone.
Vanessa felt really bad knowing that maybe her brother had seen any text that was perhaps from Mesut. She goddamned herself for not having her phone always with her.
She was afraid that her brother would get mad at her because she lied to him about having a bussiness appointment. He had every right to be mad after all. He had only came to see her for a couple of days and she was acting extremelly weird, causing them to fight.
She turned to leave without saying a word and her brother said behind her:
- Mesut texted you not to be late and that you would be great whatever you'll wear.