Chapter 39

"Caspar" I stroke his jawline, he laid beside me, shirtless. I sneezed, currently with a slight cold. He giggles, "yes Danika" he moves my hair from my face, "I love you" she smiled. He cupped her face, to kiss her forehead. "I love you too"

I sit straight up, looking around at the empty forestry. Beside me is a campsite, blood seeping from my stomach. My bare ass covered in dirt, I search around for evidence of my current situation. I pull out clothes from inside of the tent. There lays two sleeping bags and a severed hand. On it was a golden ring, with a date sketched in it.
I find dried plums, I take a bite, my gag reflex makes me throw up everything I've had the previous night. I walk to the blue and white Chevrolet. Inside is blood splattered on the window, a woman's handkerchief, lays underneath of very thick coat of blood. I sniff the air, they still had food hidden around. I wonder the camp once more, this wasn't a wolfs work.
I find the food tied into a bag, hanging off a branch of a pine tree. Be careful my wolf squeaked, I see the scratches on the tree. I check the floor, large paw tracks lead away from the camp followed by another larger animal. I grab ahold of a branch and start to crawl up. I grab a hanging branch, it breaks off, I groaned as my bare belly rubs against the rough bark of the tree.
I pull my self up further. Finally I reach the branch that contains the food. I kick the branch, it doesn't budge. I curse I climb onto the branch holding the higher branch, I walk slowly across the branch, reaching the end of the highest. The branch below me starts to crack, I jump atop of it. As if knowing I'd grab the top, wind blew through my hair. Releasing the branch, I removed the hair out of my hair. The branch cracks more, my scream echoes through the woods, as I fall through the branches being caught and released each time.

I look through the food, I hear a small roar, I look up to see a small black bear cub. That looks malnourished. I feed it the rainbow trout from the hanging bag. I take the Cheeze-its and beef jerky. It roars once more, like a defensive cry. I turn to see a larger brown bear, standing on its hind legs threatening to cross the cub.
I scream as the shift takes place, I grab the brown bears attention as my spine breaks and takes a new form. I howled, as I finished the change.
The bear watches me as I lead the cub away. The brown bear tried to dig through the food, I return, growling at the hungry bear that is bigger than me. It strikes one paw, as I dive and bite its neck.

I pet the bear cub as it bites into its second serving of trout. It growls at me. I remove my hand. I look out to the expanse of land, the cub looks back at me. Then continues eating its meal. I look back up to see a dark cloud rolling in, my heart sinks.
"We have to go now" I run back to the truck, grabbing a bag and emptying it contents. I grab some of the food, and a trout. I returned the contents that I emptied earlier and started pack necessities from it. Hunting knife, fish wire. Surprisingly the woman and I shared the same size and style. I put on the tan timberlands, with a red flannel, blue worn out booty shorts, and an off-white T-shirt, that had a wolf design on it in front of a moon that rises over a lake. I grab the cub, stuffing it inside the bag. I started running to the mountains.
I reached a creek, the cub peeked its head out of the zipper that was open. It cried again. I jump across the creek stepping on stones. I curse as my foot slipped off of a stone covered in moss.

"Here we are, for the night obviously" I arrive at a den, built into the mountain slopes. I bring in sticks and wood and dry pine needles. The cub curls up into a corner, as I go through the bag looking for matches. I curse loudly, the cub twitches.
I run through the woods, sprinting through every tree following the scent of iron from blood. I hear the sounds of a motor, I see a pair of lights lighting a simpler path towards the camp. I sprint faster. I reach the truck, I start searching for the matches, I run over to the food. The lights focus on me, "Hey, you there" the cop calls, I stick up my arms. "What happened here" he didn't have a British accent. "I- Officer I have no idea, I just found them while I was adventuring" I look back to the storm cloud, "why didn't you call"
"I was about too, I couldn't find any of their devices" he smacks his lips, "there's a storm brewing I suggest you leave,"
"Sir, I'll head back and collect my things." I ran back through the forest. To the den, I slid through the opening.
I found the cub, crying for being left alone.

The fire roasted some of the fish, that I managed to pack. The cub looked at me in disgust as I roasted the last of his food, "we'll go hunting tomorrow, I promise" I turned over the fish.
I took it off the roaster, I used knife to cut it into smaller bites, the cub watches me eat. "I'm a mess, I know" it tilted its head, "do you want some" it licked its nose. I threw a piece it picked it up and ran out. I shouted after it.

"I'm best on my own any way" I huddled away from the fire into a dark corner, with my fish. Taking a huge bite of it, I spit back out. I threw away the remaining meat, "I'll starve tonight" I weakly smile, and lay down.