Chapter Twenty Three: Falling Apart

Its been a few weeks since the initiation ceremony.....I haven't seen Slade since

Part of me is okay with it, but my wolf craves him.

As I'm cooking breakfast someone knocks on the door.

I open the door revealing the packs  beta, Smith.

"The alpha needs to see you."

I sigh and follow him out the door.

"How are you doing Luna?" He asks trying to make small talk.

"I guess I'm ok."

"How's Alpha treating you?"

"Its been a little rocky." I say honestly.

"You just gotta give it time, it will work out eventually." He says reassuringly.

I smile at his kindness.

We finish the walk to the pack house and I walk to Slade's office.

I walk in to see him with his head bent low resting on his hands.

Something I've never seen before.

He looks vulnerable.

I shut the door behind me and walk closer.

"Is everything ok?" I ask quietly.

He sighs and meets my eyes with his.

"No." He says gruffly.

"What is it?"

"You."

"Me?" I ask confused.

"I can't stand being away from you, but you push me away or I screw up, I'm having more and more trouble trying to control myself, I hate that you feel alone and broken, and honestly I'm a mess." He says not breaking eye contact.

"Then don't, don't be away, don't screw up, ask me how I feel every now and then, you made a promise to me and your breaking it."

"You don't understand, the need is strong I afraid your not going to be able to handle it."

And just like thaf, it seemed everything good that had been building up between us this week is falling apart right in front of me.

"How do you know if you haven't even tried?" I ask.

"Because every day I have to see you fall apart because of the mistake I made, you have no idea what that does to me, I can't take the risk." He says getting up walking towards me.

"Mabey I wouldn't be falling apart at the seams if you were there more, actually living up to your promise like a man."

It stays silent between us, then the unthinkable happens.

As he leans his head down on my shoulder I feel little wet droplets.

He was crying?

"I've lost people I've loved before, because of a mistake I made, I can't loose another because of my screw ups." He says with a horse voice.

"What do you mean?" I whisper.

"I saw her when I was younger, I thought she was the most beautiful thing in the entire world, nothing could compare to her, we had almost a year together then one night she told me she was going out, I told her not to but she did, she got hit by a drunk driver and was killed instantly by the impact. And one night I was working late finishing some paperwork, I decided to come home to see my parents, only to find them dead, they were killed by her old pack they said I should have been more considerate about the people I loved or this would have never happened."

No words could be described as of how I felt at this very moment. All I could do was stand there, letting his tears stain my shoulder. This was nothing like the alpha I knew. I decide to give sympathy, wrapping my arms around him. I close my eyes as he lets out every emotion he could.

He sniffs, "What are you doing?"

My eyes are locked on his, "I'm showing you I care. Is that not acceptable?" I say.

Slade's eyes went down, "I've never really had anyone care."

I show a smile, "Well I do. We can make this work. You just...you have to trust me."

He raised his eyebrows, "Trust you?"

I nod, "Yes, we can do this."

I lean closer to his wet face, brushing my palm against his tainted cheeks, our lips inches apart.

He breaths as he closes his eyes, lips about to connect, "God I can't stand this anymore."

As for that moment, his lips smashed on mine. We deepened the kiss immediately as moments of all around could be made. He picked me up, sitting me down on the table as our lips were still colliding. I part my lips from his, feeling the adrenaline kicking in.

"That's what I call trying." I smile.

A/N: Ello! This is Sydney (your author's bestie here) and just wanted to say that I hope you guys enjoy her book! I decided to help her write the last bit since you know sometimes we can't do things alone. If you want you can check out some of my stories and follow me Paperback_Paulie42  I'd appreciate it!