Chapter 4

Weeks have gone by since I've heard or seen the DPU. I watch as Aaron and Bruce play wrestle outside, while Christina and I stand in the kitchen drinking hot chocolate.

"Like father, like son." Christina says, while smirking.

Ever since I first met her I was kind of scared of her, to honestly say, but now she's like a mother to me. I chuckle at what she said before paying attention to the boys.

"Come on, fight like a man." Aaron shouts, smirking the while time.

I watch as Bruce gets up from the floor and charges at Aaron. Aaron moves out of the way and laughs at his father. I continue to watch them play around, before all of a sudden DPU members are chasing me with guns in their hands. I feel the cup slip out of my hands and shatter on the ground.

"Tara, are you OK?" Aaron asks

Eric is chasing me with a gun and an angry expression is plastered on his face. I shut my eyes and cover my ears to block out the screams of my mother, father, and my other relatives that they have killed. I feel myself fall to the ground and curl up into a ball. Even though my hands cover my ears I hear the screams and cries getting louder and louder every minute. I continue to run, until I trip over a rock and fall. I try to get up, but Eric gets on top of me and points the gun to my head.

"You thought that you could escape, eh?" he says, smirking

I try getting out from under him, but he stops me from getting away. I look up at him with a scared expression on my face. He kisses me on my head making me tense up. He puts his head up and smirks at me while moving the gun from the top of my head towards my thigh and strokes it up and down.

"Now Tara, why do you even bother trying?" he asks, smirking.

I look up at him and clear my face of any emotion. I'm not going down without a fight. He begins to stroke my cheek with one of his hands. When his hand gets close enough to my mouth, I bite it.

"AH!!" he yells getting off of me and shaking his hand, giving me enough time to get up and run.

I quickly get up and run, only to be caught by one of the members. Eric recomposes himself before he turns around and points his gun at me.

"Goodbye sweet Tara." he says smiling.

I continue to look at him. I hear a gunshot and feel liquid drizzle down the back of my neck, but I don't feel any pain. I feel the person let go of my arm before I hear a thump. I turn around and see him on the floor with a bullet wound to the head. I hear Eric yelling orders at everyone and before I know it I see them form a tight circle so each person is at least facing a side. Not smart. I hear another gun shot before everyone breaks from the circle and I see people running over and shooting them. I watch as one of them runs up to me and looks at me with a scared expression.

"Tara, what are you doing? RUN!" he screams, over the screaming and the guns being shot.

I feel blood being sprayed on my face and I see him crumble to the floor. I quickly turn around and run to no where in particular just anywhere but here. While running, I feel something land in my arm before a pain so uncontrollable starts to form, but I continue to run and manage to get out of there towards the light.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I don't remember falling asleep, but I must have because I wake up in a hospital bed in a white room with tubes in my arm. I turn my head and see Aaron, Bruce, and Christina sitting down with worried looks on their faces. They notice that I woke and Christina instantly takes my hand and brings it to her cheek.

"Are you feeling alright Tara?" Bruce asks me, with a worried look on his face.

I look at him and give him a sweet smile before speaking.

"Yes, I'm fine." I say, looking at him and smiling "But are you guys OK?"

"Tara you passed out right in front of us and then you were asleep for hours, so no we're not OK." Aaron says, looking at me with an angry expression on his face.

Most girls would have either yelled back or even cry, but I just sit there with a sympathetic look on my face. They have been through so much since I've had that flashback, I wonder what triggered it. I watch his expression change from angry to a sad one.

"I'm so sorry Tara, I didn't mean to say it like that." he says, putting his face in his hands. I bring my hand up and pry one of his hands away from his face so he can look at me.

"Aaron it's OK, I know that you guys were worrying and I am so sorry for scaring you guys like that." I say, with a serious look on my face.

He just nods his head while looking into my eyes. I swear they have been treating me like I'm apart of their family. Christina and Bruce treat me like I'm their daughter. The doctor walks into the room with a clipboard in his hands.

"Good afternoon Ms. Tara. My name is Dr. Mitchell and I am your doctor as you can see. Are you in any sort of pain?"

I smile at him before saying one simple word.

"No."

He continues to ask more questions and each question gets the same answer.

"No."

" Well you are free to go whenever you would like, just make sure that you tell the nurse at the front desk when your leaving." he says smiling before leaving the room. Wow, well that was.......Exciting , hopefully later on will be better.