Chapter 9

Today's the day. I am finally make Aaron hear my true voice. The three weeks that Aaron and I have been practicing, I made my voice sound horrible. Aaron and I sit side by side on my bed with his arm around me and my head on his shoulder. Christina barges into my room without knocking and has a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Aaron, Get to your room and get dressed in the clothes I've laid out for you. Were going to be performing this talent show live." she says, jumping around like a teen who got asked out on a date "Tara, I'll help you with your outfit and makeup."

I watch as Aaron gets up and walks out of the room with a look on his face that makes me wanna laugh. When Aaron exits the room, Christina locks the door and makes her way to my closet.

"Tara, go take a shower!" she yells, from inside the closet "This is going to take a while."

I grab my towel and rush to the bathroom so I can try and figure things out. Who is the 'She' that Bruce was talking about? When I step out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around me, I notice a short cream dress laid out on my bed, with little cream pumps and a pink orchid on the side. Wow, this is amazing. Christina comes out of my closet and locks it with a bunch of hair products in her hands. Let the drama begin.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After four long hours of my hair being straightened and curled, Makeup being applied. dresses being put on and accessories being put on I finally make my way out of my room right after I look at myself in the mirror. My hair has been styled so its flowing down my back and the pink orchid is at the side of my head. I begin to walk down the stairs into the living room where I see Aaron, Jake, and Bruce sitting down. Aaron turns around and gives me a amazed yet shocked look on his face giving me time to look at what he's wearing . He is wearing a black suit with a cream top under and black dress shoes. I realize that I have been staring at him and that he has been staring at me for a while. I smile before I continue to walk down the steps.

"Wow," he says, when I reach the bottom staring into my eye, with a smile on his face "You look amazing."

He takes my hand and spins me around. My dress flows around me while a spin around. When I stop I look into his eyes and smile. He smile and leans in, before someone clears their throat. Aaron I both turn our heads and look at Bruce and Jake. I look down feeling my face go hot.

"It takes two hours to get to the arena, so I suggest that we leave now." Bruce says, making his way towards the door.

Aaron helps me put on my jacket. What a gentleman.

"Why thank you." Aaron says, chuckling.

I really need to keep my thoughts to myself. When our jackets are on, I walk outside the front door saying thank you to Bruce and walk towards Aaron's car. Aaron somehow makes his way in front of me and opens passenger door for me. I step inside the car and sit down while Aaron closes the door, walks to the drivers side, gets in, and starts the car.

"Ready to go?" he asks, smiling at me.

"Yep." I say, popping the 'P'

He pulls out of the driveway and drives off. I look out the window and think about what can happen at the arena. I hope that I sing as well as my parents used to tell me. I hope the walkers friends won't think that they are stupid for letting me join. I wonder.........