Chapter 12

DPU cars, coming out of every corner, swarming the house. I throw the chip on my bed and run downstairs. I hear car doors closing guns being set. I quickly run over to the painting and fix it so the secret door opens. When it opens, I dash inside and try pushing it closed. It closes very slowly and I hear the door being opened. Using all my force, I push the door closed and I stay as quiet as I can be.

I hear shuffling of feet and of people moving around objects. Suddenly, I hear something hit the wall and shatter, nearly making me scream.

"WHERE IS SHE?!?" I hear Eric yell

I run to the end of tunnel, before running in a corner and covering my mouth so no sound comes out, while sliding down the wall. I hear a big bang and nearly scream on the top of my lunges.

"She knew we were coming ," I hear a voice say "She took the chip out of her phone."

Wait, is that Jake? I knew I shouldn't have trusted him for a reason. I knew there was something wrong with him.

"She couldn't have gotten far. You, stay here and call us if she comes back. If she does, she'll be coming back for..." Eric says, with a certain satisfaction in his tone.

I hear a bunch of footsteps, before I finally ear the front door close. Why would he think I would come back? Who would I come back for? My eyes begin feeling heavy and they start closing. No, no, no, I cannot fall asleep now. I try and fight my sleep, but it completely takes over my body and I fall into darkness

~*~*~*~*~*~

I wake to someone carrying me somewhere. Wait, what. I turn my head and come face to face with the person. I scream and fall out of his hands. I start to punch and kick him, before he takes something out of his pocket. A gun. I turn around about to run, but then he grabs my arm and turns me around.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you" he says, throwing the gun to the side and staring at me in the eyes "I promise"

Aaron pulls me into a hug and I sob into his chest. His arms wrap securely around me. I remember what Eric had said and push Aaron away from me and take steps back away from him.

"Tara, what is it?" he asks me.

He takes a step forward, but I take a step back. He takes another step forward and I take a step back, but trip over me foot and fall backward only to be caught by Aaron. I try to get out of his grip, but his hands firmly planted on my waist. I look up into his eyes and notice that they had a scared look in them. Then Aaron lips crash into mine, so unexpectedly. After a couple of minutes of arguing with myself, I finally wrap my arms around his neck and begin kissing him back. We pull back for air and look at each other for a couple of minutes.

"I'm not going to let anyone hurt you" Aaron says, looking me in the eyes " I swear if someone hurts you I will kill them, I promise"

I smile at him and then move my head so my lips are just missing his ear, making him shiver.

"Then we better get going"