Chapter 5

Have you ever had that feeling where you just want to die in hole? Well that's how I feel right know. I'm left sitting on my bed coughing and sneezing so much that I think that my brain is going to turn into mush. Aaron makes his way into my room with a of soup in his hands. he places the soup on the counter, sits down on the bed and places his hand on my forehead checking my temperature while giving me a sympathetic look.

"Are you feeling OK?" he asks me.

"Never better." I say, before coughing up a storm.

He comes up closer to me and pats my back trying to help me stop the coughing. Every time I cough, my head pound against my skull. A couple minutes later, I finally stop coughing and I take big gulps of air.

"Finally." I say, putting my head on Aaron's shoulder.

"Don't worry, you'll be better, you can fight it off." he says, pulling me into a hug and putting his chin on my head.

I wrap my arms around him and rest my ear on his chest so I can hear his heartbeat.

Thump.Thump.Thump

I close my eyes, mesmerized by the sound and fall asleep soon after.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I wake and find myself wrapped in a sleeping Aaron's arms. I try to wiggle out of Aaron's grip, but he frowns and pulls my into him and tightens his grip.

"Just stay for a little." he mumbles.

I smile a little at the thought of him wanting me to stay with him. I manage to snap out of it and go to his ear.

"Come on Aaron, it's time to wake up." I say, very softly nudging him a little.

His eyes flutter open and they land on mine. When his eyes focus on mine, he gives a soft smile making me smile back. Aaron closes his eyes and laughs a little.

"I was talking in my sleep wasn't I?" he asks, his ears going red.

"Ya, but it's alright." I say, taking his chin and lifting it a little so he can come eye to eye with me.

Aaron and I stare into each others eyes. I begin to notice that the space between us was getting smaller and smaller. I close my eyes getting ready to kiss him when.....

Bang

"It's Harry Styles"

Aaron and I snap away and pay attention to the person that barged in. Why does he look so familiar?

"Jake, what are you doing here? I thought you were in California." Aaron says, looking irritated.

"I was," he exclaims "But then I thought 'What better time to visit my mother, father, and midget of a brother no better than today'?"

Aaron rolls his eyes and and looks at me.

"So aren't you going to introduce me to your girlfriend or do I have to guess?"

"I'm Tara," I say, introducing myself "And I'm not his girlfriend."

Jake and Aaron bug each other.... Well, Jake bugs Aaron and Aaron just rolls his eyes the whole time. I swear, if he continues to do that, his eyes will roll out of his head. I watch them both and I try to figure out the similarities between the two. Aaron has blond hair, Jake has brown hair. Aaron has blue eyes, Jake has brown. The only similarities that they have is how they talk.... somewhat.

Aaron makes his way over to me and he sits beside me. I take his hand and I put my head on his shoulder. He looks at me and smiles.

"I know," he whispers "He's really annoying."

I laugh a bit and I look up at him. He looks down at me and smiles,before kissing my forehead. I smile at him and I look in front of me where I see Jake staring at us with his eyebrows raised.

"You two are very confusing," he says, laughing a bit "Are you sure you aren't dating?"

"Yes we're sure we're not dating," Aaron says, answering Jake's question "I think we would know if we were dating or not Jake."

Jake just shrugs his shoulders and makes his way out of the room, downstairs. Aaron and I look at each other and heave a sigh. Man is brother is so weird. Aaron and I just sit beside each other, before bursting out in laughter. Today is going to be one hell of a day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"How have you been resting dear?"

I look across the table at Christina who asked the question.

"I've been sleeping well thank you."

Christina, Bruce, Jake, Aaron, and I all sit at the dinner table eating fried chicken and some rice and peas and some chicken soup for me. Aaron is sitting right beside me and Jake is sitting on the other side. Boy can I tell you it is so awkward. This room is filled with awkwardness.

Well I guess it's only between us three because their parents are talking like there's nothing wrong. When I finish my food, I excuse myself from the table and I put my plates in the sink, before washing them. A sudden wave of dizziness attacks my body, causing me to send a plate to the ground to shatter into a billion pieces.

Christina, Bruce, Aaron, and Jake all rush into the kitchen to find me in my state of dizziness and shock. Aaron picks me up bridal style and brings me up to my room and lays me down on y bed. Jake walks in and states at us again.

"She has a fever Jake," Aaron explains "That why she's dizzy."

"We should probably leave her to get some rest." Jake says, looking at me in a way that makes me wonder.

Why does that name sound so familiar? Why does he look so familiar? Aaron nods his head and smiles down at me one last time for the night, before walking out the door leaving Jake and I alone. We both stare at each other before he smiles and and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. I need to stay on my guard, something doesn't feel right about Jake.