Chapter 16

I wake up in a room with white everywhere causing me to squint my eyes.

"Sleeping beauty is finally awake"

I know that voice from anywhere. I look up and keep my face emotionless when I see who was speaking. Eric. He has a smile plastered on his face. I look around the room and I see a window, but there is something shocking on the other side of the window. Aaron in handcuffs staring at me with a sad look on his face.

"Aaron" I whisper

I continue to look at him, before I see one of the DPU members with a whip walking over to Aaron. Oh no, please no, please no, please no. The DPU member raises his hand with the whip and slashes Aarons back. I watch Aarons eyes shut tight and his mouth open as if he's screaming, but I don't hear him. I struggle against my chair, but I can't get up since my hands and feet are bound by rope.

"Let. Him. Go" I say through my gritted teeth, looking at Eric.

"Sorry sweetheart, that can't happen," he says, getting close to my face "You see, since he betrayed us DPU folks and all, it would be better to torture you and him until your heart stops beating"

I struggle against my chair, wanting to get my hands around his throat. He leans back and laughs evilly, before walking out. A few second later, I hear Aarons cries. I look up and notice a speaker. I close my eyes and tears travel down my cheek, until they land on my lap.

Soon I can't take it anymore and start screaming on the top of my lungs, begging them to stop torturing him and hurt me instead. After a few minutes of screaming and cries, they finally stop torturing Aaron and walk out of the room. I hear heavy shaky breaths coming from Aaron.

"Aaron" I say, looking at him through the window.

He looks up at me with a weak look in his eyes and a pale face. Chris walks into my room and puts a barrel to my head, before cutting off the ropes and pushing me towards the cells. He pushes me in, before pushing Aaron in as well. I instantly move towards Aaron and see the bloody scars on his back.

I look at him and notice that he's fighting to stay awake, but the sleep is taking him under. I make him lie down on the ground and use my legs as a pillow for him. The minute his head is on my legs, he falls asleep. I move hair away from his eyes and look at him. He looks so peaceful and innocent when he's asleep. I lean my back against the wall, before falling asleep.