nine

Once I arrive at Harry's flat, I kick off my shoes and place them beside the door. I take my bag to one of his guest rooms, then go back out to the living room to see he's sat on his couch, setting up a game of Fifa.

"Can I take a shower?" I question. He turns around and smiles softly, "Yeah, of course."

I shoot a grin before grabbing the pajamas I had packed and my makeup bag, walking to his bathroom.

As I look in the mirror, I gasp at my appearance. I hadn't looked at myself at all since I left the hospital, or even while I was there.

My phone dings as I'm mid-stripping, raising my hopes for Simon to have texted me.

But sadly, it wasn't him.

Saz💗: I'm going over to the 3 boys' flat and I heard you were there already so I wanted to let you know to prepare for a big ass hug from yours truly! xx

I respond to her immediately, not knowing when I would next be able to before she arrives, Can't wait! I'm gonna shower, and by the time I get out you'll hopefully be here! xx

Before setting my phone back down, I play some music so I don't have to hear Harry's screams of being a sore sport.

••••

I slip on my shorts and a SuggLife Khaki hoodie that the Suggs happily gave to me for free. I haven't talked to them much, but they seem like a nice duo and I'd love to get to know them more.

After brushing through my hair, I apply the lightest amount of makeup just so I don't look totally dead.

Cleaning up the small mess I've made in Harry's bathroom, I shove my phone in my sweatshirt pocket and grab my stuff, returning it to my room.

I sigh, composing myself before walking out into the living room.

"Sage!" Cal(lux), one of Harry's friends and flat mates, cheers. I give him a hug as I say hello, and then hug his girlfriend, Sarah, whom I'm already acquainted with.

"We'll have to record a duet cover at some point while you're here," she smiles.

"Definitely," I reply, rolling my sleeves down past my fingers.

"So, what's going on? Why are you here?" Sarah asks as Cal sits beside Harry and watches him play.

"If I'm being honest, I don't really know," I reply, staring at the two boys. "Simon's made me stay here for a couple days, but I fail to see why."

I bite my lip, looking down at my feet.

"Why, that's awfully weird," Sarah responds, just as confused as me. "Well, if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm always here for you."

I smile at her, and thank her. "I'll keep that in mind, Saz."

"So, are any of the other Sidemen coming over?" Sarah asks, swaying back and forth on her feet.

"Probably not," I reply. I move my lips to the upper right corner of my mouth, thinking about whether I should text the boys or not. But I decide not to, as they're probably all off doing something with no thought of me...

Josh's POV

We had to make Sage leave. Ever since the accident with her, I didn't like her being in the house. Especially after receiving that threat.

It was all horrible and felt like a nightmare I wished to wake up from.

••••

As I ran down and saw an unconscious Sage with blood gushing from the back of her head, I knew something was definitely wrong.

Then I looked at the brick near her. Stepping over glass and allowing the boys to pile around Sage, I slip the note off of the brick and get the boys' attention so I could read it off.

"'I know you cheated on me with that prick Simon. And I will find out sooner or later. You aren't getting away with this without a scratch, darling.'" I winced at the nickname, then realized who's sent us this letter.

"G-guys, th-that sounds a-a lot like Levi's written that," Vik mutters, stepping back from Sage. Simon clutches onto her, kissing her forehead and cheeks multiple times, as if it'll awaken her.

"We can't let her be here, Levi knows our address," JJ says, stepping back from Sage as well.

"Let's take her to a hospital and call Harry, alright?" I inform, kneeling beside her.

"No! We can't!" JJ exclaims, reaching towards me to push me back.

"She isn't waking up, Jide! We need to bring her to the hospital!" I shout, angered by their stupidity.

"Simon, should we bring her in?" Jide asks with caution.

"No," Simon croaks, a tear slipping from his eyes. I give him a reassuring pat on the back, which tells him that everything's alright.

"But-" I try to get my point stuck in his stubborn head, but he stops me from talking.

"If we take her in, that means something is actually wrong with her," he explains.

"Something is actually wrong with her, you twat!" Vik exclaims, obviously on my side. I smile at him, approving his argue except for the name calling.

Simon slides his hand out of Sage's and attacks Vik, but Jide and I break it up.

"You've gone mad, Simon!" I shout. He doesn't struggle in JJ's grasp, knowing better. His brain must be working as he loosely falls onto the floor while Vik is pushed into Sage's body, a pure accident, and says, "Let's just hurry and get her in the car."