twentyfour

Simon swings our intertwined hands as we walk down the pavement, looking for a good place to eat.

"Nando's!" Simon shouts, sprinting towards it like a child would to a candy store. I giggle, chasing after him. "Oh please can we go in there?" he asks with his hands folded together in front of his face, shaking them.

"Fine," I reply, faking disgust. I was actually happy he wants to go in here.

We get a booth, taking our order almost seconds after we've sat down. We both ordered a basket of chicken with fries (chips) and a water. [i'm sorry, idk how nando's works so just go with it]

While we wait for our food, I decide to relax a bit. I set my elbows on the table, resting my head in my palms. My eyes shut momentarily, my nose taking in deep breaths.

"Tired?" Simon chuckles, a small cough following.

"A little," I smile, not opening my eyes. I felt like I could sleep right then and there.

"You don't look that comfortable," he whispers. I open my eyes so they were little slits on my face.

"How do you suggest I sit then?" I mumble.

"You can come sit by me and rest your head on my shoulder," he shrugs. I smile again, and take up his offer.

I sigh as I place my head on his shoulder, his arm reaching around my neck and loosely hanging off my shoulder. "Is this alright?" he questions, a hint of worry in his voice as if he's done something wrong.

"It's perfect," I mumble, my eyes closing again.

I accidentally ended up falling asleep, and I felt so bad because Simon must've just sat there, all lonely, pecking at bits of his food as I paralyzed half his body.

"You're awake," he chuckles as I sit up. I rub my eyes, stretching.

"Thanks for that," I say, kissing his cheek. I go to grab a piece of my chicken, but he stops me.

"It must be cold- we can put it in a box and bring it home to warm it up," he says, his hand gripping my wrist lightly.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes," he replies. He grabs my jacket and drapes it over my shoulders, and excuses himself so he could pay and find someone to get him a to-go box.

I sit back down again, resting my head in my hands again for a few moments.

"Ready?" Simon asks several minutes later, holding my box of food. I nod with a small, toothless smile. He holds out his free hand, and I grasp it, intertwining our hands together again.

"I'm really sorry I fell asleep on you," I say as we head back to the house.

"It's alright, I know you didn't get much for sleep last night," he replies, squeezing my hand.

"I can carry my box," I giggle, reaching for it.

"Nah, I got it," he defends, pulling it away from me.

"Seriously, Si," I giggle again, stretching my arm. By this point, I was centimeters from his face, just trying to reach for the box that contained my chicken and fries.

He moves his head forward, pecking my lips. I look at him with shock, completely not expecting the love tap.

"Was that supposed to make me stop?" I chuckle, our feet now standing still.

"Yes," he replies.

"Well, you failed," I say. "'Cause now I only want to do it more," I explain before I begin to jump up and down, faking to reach for the box.

"You want me to try and stop you again?" he asks.

"I really do," I reply, ceasing my jumps and staying put. I look up at him, my eyes pleading for him to kiss me again. His eyes shimmer with a soft kind of lust, his head leaning forward as well as mine.

"Isn't that Simon?" I heard a girl whisper a few feet away from us. I pull away from Simon, knowing better than to leak our relationship so early. I pull my hood over my head, attempting to hide my face so they could meet their idol.

"Who's that, Simon?" another girl asks, referring to me.

"Yeah, you two looked like you were about to kiss!" the previous girl exclaims.

"It's really none of your business," Simon awkwardly responds.

"Alright, fair play," the girls chuckle. I peek out to look at the girls, seeing one was talking with Simon and distracting him, while the other was creeping over to me.

She reaches for my hood, attempting to tug it off. But I had a pretty strong grip on it, so we wrestled for a bit.

"Stop!" I scream. I gained both Simon's and the girl's attention, the girl's friend's face began to grow red due to the embarrassment.

"Okay, you two need to leave," Simon bellows.

"What the hell?" the girl who was talking to Simon shouts. "I didn't know she would do that! We were having such a good conversation!"

"And now it's ended, please escort your friend to where you ladies were headed in the first place," he says.

"Well, thanks for stopping anyways," she sighs, tugging on her friend.

"At least we know it's a girl!" her friend says.

"How the fuck would that be a boy? She's too scrawny."

Once they've gone, I wipe my cheeks. I hadn't noticed I was crying, and thought it was really unnecessary of me.

"Are you okay, Sage?" Simon asks.

"I'm fine, let's just go home," I reply lowly, already heading in the direction that would bring us back.

"I'm really sorry that happened," Simon whispers after he's caught up with me.

"As long as something like that never happens again, I'll be good." The rest of the way back was silent.