seventeen

"Simon's Log Day 6," Simon sighs with a pout on his face. "Didn't wake up to anything I've been missing recently this morning but I hope to make the best of today anyways." End of clip.

I watch the rest, enjoying his sudden mood change as he shows my face to the camera.

"She's back, guysssss!" he cheers, kissing my cheek. I giggled, jokingly wiping it off. He gasps a 'rude' and scoffs as he dramatically turns his head. But the clip doesn't end.

I had walked off, the camera now facing me. "Damn, look at my girl," someone said with pride and confidence. "Shit, I gotta edit that out."

My face goes red. Bright red.

I jump out of the chair as someone pounces on the back of it, the person being Simon.

"Almost done?" he questions.

"Y-yeah," I stutter, pushing him away so I could finish 'editing'.

In the other clips he kept mentioning about how I was his and then something similar to 'I need to cut that out' following right after it.

I felt butterflies in my stomach, my heart skipping every time he said his thoughts aloud. But I stopped before watching anymore, allowing him the rest of his privacy.

After finishing my editing, I upload the vlog to my channel. I open Twitter and send out a simple tweet about my new YouTube channel and how I don't have an uploading schedule set yet.

I get several notifications rolling in- likes, retweets, replies, etc. And also some support from other YouTubers.

@miniminter: what you've all been waiting for- GO CHECK OUT SAGE'S YOUTUBE CHANNEL!! youtube.com/sageybaby

@zerkaaHD: one of my good friends has made a youtube channel and i suggest you all go subscribe to youtube.com/sageybaby !!!

@behzinga: ALL THE BEST TO YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL @sageybaby !!!!!!!

@tobjizzle: we don't hang out much but i still support @sageybaby with her new youtube channel. HOPE YOU ENJOY THE JOURNEY!

@vikkstar123: @sageybaby can't wait to see all the great content you'll give to us through your new channel. everyone shall now subscribe to her youtube.com/sageybaby

@KSIOlajidebt: wish you the best of luck and fun @sageybaby with your new youtube channel. massive love sent to you:)

@wroetoshaw: if you're reading this tweet you now have to go subscribe to youtube.com/sageybaby

@danisnotonfire: IM MORE THAN ECSTATIC TO SAY THE MOST KINDEST AND PRETTIEST GIRL OUT THERE @sageybaby HAS FINALLY MADE A YT CHANNEL! DO SUBSCRIBE TO HER!!

@amazingphil: go subscribe to this beautiful human's new youtube channel!! youtube.com/sageybaby you won't regret it;)

@sazclose: please do go watch my bestie's first youtube video @sageybaby 💗💗 youtube.com/sageybaby

And more. I was overwhelmed with all of the support, deciding to take a warm shower as a way to wash off the stress and anxiety towards the feedback I'd be receiving on my video.

••••

As I quickly brushed through my hair and put on a Sidemen hoodie and trackies, I heard Simon call me from downstairs. "Sage! Come here!"

"Coming!" I shout, tossing my hair to one side before grabbing my phone and running down the stairs. "Where are you?" I call out.

"Kitchen!" he responds.