twelve

****
all of these are pre-written, so there's no valentine's day special:((
****

"You should make a channel," Sarah says as we watch the YouTube videos I've appeared in so far.

"Nah, I don't think I'd have the time, confidence, or diligence to keep up a scheduled upload time," I reply.

It was two days after the meet up with the other boys and Simon's outburst. I've gotten an apology from Josh for pushing my new friend into a fountain, but nothing from Simon, period. I was sick of the silence.

"Hello? Earth to Sage?" Sarah sings, flailing a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, I zoned out," I giggle, scratching the back of my neck. "What were you saying?"

"I was saying that having a channel is a great way to get Simon back by showing off that you're doing great- and still look great," Sarah responds, winking at me.

"I don't know..." I say as I take a deep breath.

"You don't need to, but you know, you don't need to post daily like Simon or the other guys. You could just upload whenever you have a video you'd like to make," she smiles innocently.

"You really think I should do this?" I grunt.

"Of course," she replies, "that's why I came up with the idea."

I laugh with her before giving in and letting her help me with a channel name and set up my page.

After everything was set up, I opened Twitter on my phone and decided to say something to my 200k+ followers.

@SageyBaby: up to something, keep an eye out,📹

Most of my replies had told me that they knew what they would be watching out for, and they couldn't wait to see what I've got in store for them.

I shut off my phone to help Sarah place her lights and tripod in a good place, along with her piano and our chairs.

"What should we cover for mine and what should we cover yours?" she asks, sitting in her spot.

"For yours we should do Unfaithful by Rihanna and for mine we should do Please Don't Go by Joel Adams," I reply after brainstorming songs.

"Any particular reason?" she smirks. Since I told her all about the ordeal with Simon, at least as much as I know, she now thinks everything I do is about him. Even though most of the time she's correct.

"Nope," I lie. She rolls her eyes before looking up the music sheet for Please Don't Go. "I already know how to play it," I tell her, taking her phone from her.

"So we can get started?" she asks, handing me a pair of earphones.

"I think so," I smile. We each would play the piano bit for our own channels but we split the lyrics so we each had the same amount solo and had some parts where we sang together for both songs.

I had a strong feeling in my gut we were gonna kill it with these recordings.

••••

"That was perfect!" Sarah exclaims as I end our last recording. She holds up her hand for a high five, and I quickly slap it.

"You were so good I almost started crying!" I laugh, pointing to my moistened eyes.

"Same!" she giggles, also pointing toward her eyes.

"Before we upload these, I need to post my first video on my channel," I say, hoping she gets what I mean.

"Oh yeah! What d'you have in mind for that?" she asks, tilting her head in genuine interest.

"I was thinking a vlog but I won't be doing much..."

"You just wanna jump right in with a vlog?" she questions, unsure of my decision.

"Well I don't want to be like every other YouTuber and start with a sit down video talking about myself. That's boring and unoriginal," I explain.

"So, a vlog it is."

"But I have no content for a vlog," I sigh.

"I need to drop by the Sidemen house, maybe there's some content there?" she says with a high pitched voice to top it off.

"I don't know if they'd appreciate me being there," I truthfully reply.

"They will, what the fuck?" she shouts, giving me a small shove.

"Fine, I'll go with you then?"

"Of course you will," she says matter-of-factly and drags me out of the office to get dressed in better clothing.

••••

"Why have you given me one of my tight, night club tops?" I ask Sarah as I look at myself in the mirror, examining my white cropped top that showed off just enough curves.

"I want you looking spicy," she teases, handing me a pair of dark, high waisted jeans.

"Alright then," I giggle, slipping them on. "Ready then?"

"Mmm, nope. Makeup?" Sarah responds, pulling me into Cal's bathroom, where her makeup is.

"I have my own, Saz," I groan.

"You only have concealer and mascara. We're going all out," she smirks, pushing me to sit on the toilet lid.

"But why? What if my viewers expect me to look all-out all the time?" I grumble.

"If they follow your Instagram and have seen some of Simon's vlogs, they'll know what they're subscribing to," she jokes, beginning with my eyebrows.

"I've never colored in my eyebrows, what if I like it and want to continue with the look?" I interrogate, clearly upset about this.

"Then you can do that," she chuckles. "I don't even think you'll see much of a difference, your eyebrows are naturally flawless."

I roll my eyes, allowing her to do her work.

••••

[this is the look]

"Holy moly, Saz!" I exclaim as I take a look at the finished product in my mirror

"Holy moly, Saz!" I exclaim as I take a look at the finished product in my mirror. "I'm so hot, how the hell?"

"You're welcome," she smirks as she packs away her brushes. "Also I'm really surprised that your skin doesn't look like I applied foundation."

"I am secretly a gift from the Gods," I tease, messing around with my hair.

"Tell me about it."

"Do you have a camera I could borrow? I gotta go out and buy my own later today."

"I'm pretty sure Cal has one, you can borrow his," she smiles, walking off to find his vlog camera. "Also, Josh has texted me saying that they're at the football pitch today filming videos!" Sarah shouts from Cal's bedroom.

"Alright!" I shout back, doing a quick double take in the mirror before heading towards the room I was staying in to grab my phone and keys. "Let's head off!" I call out as I tie up my white and black Adidas Super-Stars.