fourteen

"So, I am here with some of the Sidemen," I announce to my camera, swinging it around so I could show that everybody was here. "And Sarah," I giggle as I flip to her face which was in a tangled mess. "We're just the cheerleaders," I sigh as I jump into the camera's view with Sarah.

"Um, I think not," Simon interjects.

"Um, why do you think not?" I ask, flipping the camera to him. He waves quickly, in the most childish way may I add, before explaining to all of the boys that I'm an excellent football player.

"She's just a girl, Simon. I don't believe you," JJ teases, his intention to anger me.

"Alright, boys. Step aside," I say, Simon taking the camera from my hand. "Where d'ya guys want it?" I ask while biting my lip.

"Top bins," Ethan challenges.

"Oh, I don't think she can even kick it far enough for bottom bins," JJ teases me once again, knowing he's pumping me up with adrenaline.

"Really, Jide?" I say with a blank expression as I stare him down whilst kicking the ball. I hear it hit the net and the boys go crazy. "Wait, was that top bins?" I laugh.

"Yes!" Ethan says through his bellowing laughter.

JJ is stood in awe, his jaw dropped. I step over to him and close his mouth.

"Don't want you catching flies," I say with a smirk as I walk back over to Simon. Ethan chokes from laughing so hard, making him giggle loads.

"Hold this," he tells Sarah, handing the camera to her. "I'm so proud of you, Sagey!" he exclaims as he runs over to me, picking me up in the air and spinning me around.

"Si, I'm getting dizzy!" I cackle, causing him to set me back down on the ground. I almost topple onto him, but he holds me up underneath my armpits. "Thanks," I breathe out, giggling.

"Shit, I forgot you're meant to take it easy," he gasps, bending down to look into my eyes.

"I'm alright," I giggle, staring back into his bright blue orbs.

"Okay, you can stand?" he questions as he removes his arms. I'm stable as he leaves me on my own, and I nod. "Good," he exhales, smiling wide.

He reaches for my ribs, pulling my shirt back down to where it's meant to be. My cheeks turn red, my eyes averting to the grass.

"You want my sweatshirt?" he chuckles.

"Sure," I reply. He slides it off, and, without warning, slips it over my head, placing it on my body as neat as he could. "Thanks, Minter."

"So, crossbar challenge or-" Everybody shushes JJ as he 'wrecks the moment', or at least that's what Vik whispers harshly to him.

"I say you guys do crossbar," I reply, turning to the huddled bunch. I taunt JJ, getting all up in his face, "Maybe you could actually hit it for once."

"Ohhhhh!" Josh and Vik sing as Ethan bursts into laughter yet again.

"That's my girl!" I hear Simon proclaim, making my stomach light ablaze and my heart bounce off walls.

"Let's just do this," JJ scoffs, gathering the boys over to the giant camera to make an intro for the video.

Simon jogs past me, Sarah pulling me to sit behind the goal with her.

"What the hell was that?" she asks, unable to contain her smile.

"What d'you mean?"

"You and Simon had a moment. A moment moment," she whispers.