Ch. 17: he's the problem

Chapter Seventeen

"So what's the answer to question 5? Laina?"

Arialyn nudge me, I've rest my chin on my palm that's propped up on the table, I glared at her and she jerk her chin at where mrs Cheng is.

I sigh and turn my head and look at her, she raise her brows staring at me in annoyance. "We don't have all day Laina." She said impatiently.

I look at the board and look down on my empty notes, when I see it's all blank I let groaned internally and tried to recall whatever she had taught.

I look at the equation again, and quickly did all the mental calculations in my head. "6 and half equal to 2 third?" I said but more like a question since I'm unsure anyway.

She sigh, "Yes that's correct."

"Are you okay? You seem tired." I heard Arialyn whispered.

I simply shot her to what I hoped was my reassuring smile, "I'm okay. Just a little sleepy. Didn't get enough sleep last night I guess." I told her and turn my attention back at the board.

In fact, I really don't get enough sleep. We got home late and then right before I go to bed, Kyle called me and then we ended up talking for the next hour until one of us fell asleep, we didn't even hung up. I realise that when I woke up and heard his soft breathing on the other line.

I know I must have fallen asleep first cause if I knew he's asleep, I'd probably hung up on him. So the fact that he actually stayed on the phone, while probably listening to me sleeping, that did weird things to my heart. But I willed myself not to get involve with any emotion.

The bell rings and I quickly got up and leave the classroom. Arialyn fall in step beside me, I saw Sage waiting for us just by the entrance of the cafeteria and she beam when she saw us approaching.

"You have no idea who just talked to me earlier!" She exclaimed in hushed voice excitedly as she drag us along to our usual table. "Vincent Cooper that's who!"

I look up at the mention of his name and look at Sage, "Yeah? What does he want?"

"Oh he asked me if he could hang out with me on friday afternoon." She answered.

"And what did you say?" I asked slowly.

Sage grinned at me with those pearly white teeth, "Why, I said yes of course." She laugh shaking her head, "I heard he don't just ask girls out. So how could I say when he did asked me out."

I shrug, "Just asking."

I got up to go buy some lunch. At this point, I'm actually glad to have Sage around cause then Arialyn and Max couldn't keep asking me about the mission.

"I thought you were dead when you didn't show up at school for days." A voice spoke up from behind me, "So disappointing."

I ignored her, and continue waiting for my turn to buy the food. But of course knowing Tiffany, ignoring her is an impossible thing to do. She grabbed my arm, turn me around that I almost slipped. She glowered at me, "Don't ignore me when I'm talking to you!"