Prologue

Lyla P.O.V.

"Lyla?"

Poke.

"Lllllllyyyyyyyllllllllllaaaaaaaa!"

Something falls on top of me and I squint open one eye. If I didnt know any better, I would think I am seeing double. Two boys with messy mops of blonde hair and bright blue eyes smile back at me: Timothy and Thomas. Tommy bounces up and down on my legs while Timmy shouts at me to wake up.

"Lyla hurry! Aunt Marcy and Maryanne are going to be here soon!"

I really dont want to get up but I know I need to. I let out a yawn and sit up, stretching my arms over my head.

"Its a monster!" They squeal and tumble off my bed onto the floor giggling.

I smile at the two little boys rolling around on the floors in a fit of laughter and swing my legs over the side of the bed.

"Out you two I have to get dressed!"

They pick themselves up off my floor and Tommy tags Timmy before tearing out of my room and down the halls of the pack house, Tommy
on his heels yelling about him playing unfair.

I shut my door behind them and lock it before any more of my brothers can burst in this morning. I grumble as I walk into my bathroom and go through my morning routine before picking out a outfit for today. I settle for a knee-length blue and white floral dress and some three inch white heels.

Being future Luna means looking like the future Luna. Im the oldest child of Alpha Jacob Vaunder and Luna Lisa Vaunder of the Night Break Pack. I have four other siblings, all brothers. The youngest are Timmy and Tommy at 5, Troy is 12, and Jack is the second oldest at 15.

I make my way down the long hall and down the stairs. I push open the swinging door to the kitchen and get to work on making breakfast with the omegas. I toss some cut up apples into a bowl and start working on the watermelon when I see a flash of movement next to me. I turn around quickly catch Wes popping a grape in his mouth with a smirk.

"Wes you know better," I say playfully waving the knife in front of his face.

Being the only girl sibling with four brothers you would think I have that super close girl best friend, but ironically enough, I dont. Weston and I have inseparable since we were toddlers. Him being the Beta's son means that when I become Luna, he will be my second in command.

"Watch where u put that knife Lyla." He says taking it out of my hands and putting it back on the cutting board.

He takes my hand and begins pulling me out of the kitchen. I let out a cry of protest. Im should be helping finish breakfast. Now is not the time to be playing around. My Aunt Marcy and her daughter Maryanne are coming early to stay for my birthday in two weeks.

When I turn 16 I can find my mate and my parents are making me have this huge birthday bash and invite a bunch of other packs. I tried to tell them I would rather just stay home with Wes  and watch movies and eat pizza but they insisted so I gave in.

Wes leads me straight out of the house and starts heading towards the woods.

"Wes I-"

"We need to talk..."

His voice is strained and his grip on my hand tightens. Im starting to worry. Im the responsible one in our friendship and he is the one who is always goofing around and trying to get me to loosen-up. Him being serious makes me worry.

Wes pulls me along through the forest until we come to out old campsite. As kids we would come here over the summers and pitch a little tent and roast marshmallows. We sit down on a fallen log in front of out old fire pit and he takes a deep breath.

"Promise you wont hate me?" He asks.

"Depends..."

"I have to leave."

"When?"

"Tonight."

"How long?"

He takes a deep breath.

"Six months."

I let go of his hand and jump up.

"Weston Morgan! How could you do this to me?"

"Im sorry Lyla a pack in California needs assistance with a rogue problem and none of the high ranking warriors are available. Two of them have mates expecting pups and the other three are tied up with other packs already... I have no choice."

"I cant believe you're going to let me deal with the party and all those arrogant alpha males that are coming all by myself... What if I find my mate huh? What if he rejects me? I would prefer to have my best friend there for my support. I would like to have my beta for the support of the pack-"

Wes stands up and places his hands on my shoulders rubbing them in an attempt to calm me down.

"If there was anything I could do to change this I would do it."

"I know," I sigh out.

"You good?"

"Yeah..."

"Want ice cream?" He asks giving me his best smile.

"I know what you're trying to do Weston.... but I just happen to want some rocky road, so okay."

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed the prologue of my book "Luna" and will continue reading. The real action wont start until a few chapters in but until then you will continue to get to know Lyla and her family. Please vote and comment to let me know what you think so far!!! Thank you for Reading!!!!!💖💙💖💙💖💙💖💙
-Elana