Respect (8)

Lyla P.O.V.

Pack training should be simple but its not. The younger and stronger the warrior, the harder it is to work with them. They get cocky and arrogant and then u have to put them in their place which winds up wasting valuable training time.

I growl at the male in front of me. Harley Gail is the QB of my school's football team and I the cockiest guy I know. His wolf crouches down, ready to pounce at me. He started getting rough with his sparring partner to the point where it was an all out fight. I stepped in and Harley's bloody bruised partner was carried out of the ring by some older warriors.

Harley's wolf snaps his teeth at me, snarling. I haven't bothered to shift into my wolf. The cockier the wolf the easier to put down. He should know better than to try to face an alpha. After all, I've beat him plenty of times before.

In a flash he jumps and I easily duck under him. He tumbles onto the ground, rolling a few times before he get back to his feet.

"Harley stand down." I command.

The only response is a loud growl as he circles me.

"This is your last warning." I bite out, annoyed.

He lounges for me again and I meet him head on, slamming my left hand into his neck and throwing him backwards, into the ground. His body lands on the ground with a heavy thud. He snaps his teeth and claws at my face until I release my grip on his neck.

Before he can get up I shove him back down with my foot. Ribs crack audibly as my foot makes contact with his side holding him on the ground. He struggles under my hold.

"Shift Back Harley."

He snaps his teeth at me, struggling more.

I press my foot down harder, hearing a few soft snaps as I do.

"Now." I snarl, agitated with this males lack if obedience.

Bones begin cracking again but this time, they are realigning into place as wolf turns to man. I remove my foot as his form curls on the ground holding his side a whimpering. You would think the school's jock would be a little less of a baby.

"Jason."

My third runs forward through the crowd to meet me next to Harley's broken figure.

"Yes Luna?"

"Bring him to the pack doctor please."

"Yes Luna."

A sheet is brought to wrap around Harley covering him and Jason helps the pack members carry him away. They brush past me and I watch as Harley whimpers in pain with every step.

"I hope you have learned to respect your Luna Harley." I yell after them.

I grumble some more about lack of respect and idiots before dismissing the training session. I sit in the middle of the clearing in the grass, playing with its blades. Wes and Jason appear, walking through the trees, whispering incoherently about something.

"Hello boys, what seems to be the problem?" I ask, standing.

Wes looks to Jason and back to me. He opens his mouth to speak but Jason beats him to it.

"Rogues were spotted on the west border."

Thats all it takes and Im tearing out of the woods in my wolf form. Wes chases after me, I can sense him and Jason flanking me. It only takes me a few minutes to reach the west border.

"Report,"I command over the pack-link. 

A million responses reply all at once.

-Six rogues Luna-
-At least five of them-
-Almost crossed the border-
-Three guards-
-Your father is on his way-

"Enough! Thank you all. I would like to request added security on all borders for the rest of the day, tonight, and over the rest of the week."

-Yes ma'am-
-Of course Luna-
-On it-

At least here I am respected. Still in my wolf form, I head back to the pack house. Jason stayed behind to help my dad and his beta distribute the warriors around the borders.

My mother comes outside holding two towels. I gently take on in my mouth and Wes takes the other. I change back in the thick tress near my house, wrapping the large towel securely around me and quickly running to my room.

I throw on underwear, jeans, and one of Wes' old t-shirts. A knock comes at my door and I open it to Wes, now clothed, who pushes his way into my room.

"Somethings not right Luna..." He states.

"Oh Im Luna now?" I tease back at him. His face remains serious and worry bubbles inside me.

"Six rogues after not seeing them for what.... months? Its not right."

"Wes I know, but right now I told them to do the only thing we can do; watch our borders."

"Lyla I have a bad feeling-" He says, shaking his head.

"So do I, but there is nothing we can do. Right now, they are just a few rogues, nothing to worry about."

I hope.

Sorry it took so long for this update but here it is! How do you like the book so far? This was sort of kind of a filler chapter. There will be a few of these but I will try to keep them really interesting.... Remember to vote and comment! Thanks sooooo much for reading!💙💖💙💖💙💖💙💖💙💖💙💖💙