Paperwork (9)

Lyla P.O.V.

Its been a week since six rogues were spotted on the west border. The pack is still on high alert but the pack patrols have been returned to normal, much to my dismay. My father insists that the rogues just stumbled in the wrong direction by accident but it still diesnt make sense. Six rogues. Rarely will you see more than two in a group; Mates sometimes stick together. Six is almost unheard of unless something is going on. When stuff "goes on" with rogues, its never good.

Wes has been busy with his beta work and Ive been busy with helping calm the pack members. Its not an easy feat when you arent calm yourself. Jason has been training the warriors longer and harder.

Harley took two days to heal, which is long for a werewolf. I broke six ribs and cracked three others. He has already apologized profusely, saying his wolf was in control and his anger "blinded" him. His wolf knows better than to disrespect his Luna.

A hand is waved in front of my face and I snap away from my thoughts and back into reality. My father leans forward in his chair staring at me quizzically.

"Sorry dad, I zoned..."

He sighs and shakes his head, before getting back to hi endless pile of paperwork. I stare at the paper in front of me. Its a consideration request for a new pack member. Its an alpha's job to go through the requests of wolves wishing to join the pack and usually, deny them. Every once and a while theres an interesting case where a new pack member is accepted. It works sort of like a prestigious human university that has no room for more students.

Blah.....Blah....Blah.....Gifted.....Blah.....Blah.....18.....blah.....third's daughter.... blah.... blah.....blahblahblahblahblah......Boring....

No pile.

Next paper.

Blah....blah......baseball......blah......straight C's..... blah...blah....requests to bring her girlfriend.....no

Next Paper.

I stop as I read over the paper carefully and a smile breaks out on my face. I let out a girly squeal before slapping my hand over my mouth. My dad looks up from his paper, raising an eyebrow in skepticism. I hand him the paper and he adjusts the glasses on the bridge of his nose. I tap my foot in anticipation as he reads the paper over.

"Of course-" He says, handing the paper back to me.

I reach for my office phone pushing the numbers in order and holding the hard plastic receiver to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Alpha said yes! You're in the pack! How did you convince them?"

"I told them I wanted to learn 'leadership skills' from you."

"You do what you gotta do I guess... see you soon Marianne."

ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I UPDATED AND THIS IS REALLLLLLYYYY SHORT AND ITS A FILLER CHAPTER BUT HERE YOU GO. MARIANNE IS COMING TO THE PACK! I SHOULD HAVE A GOOD CHAPTER FOR YOU SOON BUT I JUST GOT NEW CLASSES IN SCHOOL AND HAVE ABOUT TWO OR THREE HOURS OF HOMEWORK EVERYNIGHT... THAT ON TOP OF MY ALREADY BUST SCHEDULE MAKES IT HARD TO FIND TIME TO UPDATE! THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU STILL READING AND I ASK THAT YOU PRETTY PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FOLLOWERS IF YOU ARE ENJOYING IT! 💖💙💖💙💖💙
-Elana