Bones

Blind!Nico, Mortal AU

"Nico?"
I felt his jaw move as he spoke, and I froze, my hands trembling from where I believed the edge of Will's powerful jaw was. My other hand was on what I thought - and hoped - was his sharp cheekbones. I slowly retracted my hands, painting a mental image of Will, based on what I'd touched, and what I knew.
And of course, what I remembered.
"Nico?" I was broken from my thoughts, by Will's melodious and gentle voice. I turned to where I thought he'd be, only to have his warm hand turn my head to the left. Off by a couple inches. Again.
I sighed, closing my eyes against the tears that had been threatening to fall for almost a year.
"Nico?!"
For the the third time, I was shaken from my mind.
"Sorry, what was that Solace?"
Will let out a frustrated puff of air, and I flinched. I didn't deserve him. I didn't deserve anyone. I'm useless, always have been! But even more so after the car crash almost a year ago.
"Nico, seriously, what's wrong? Why are you mapping out my face, again?"
"I'm losing it Will. I'm losing the memory of you. What you look like, how tall you are, how your curls lay against your head, your full lips, your slim nose, your cheekbones, your eyelids and eyelashes," I trailed my fingers over every description as I named them, pausing to take a shaky breath. "I don't want to lose that, Sunshine. I don't want to lose you!"
Will pulled me to him, pulling me off of the bar-stool style chair at the island in our apartment kitchen. He hugged me to his chest, as I gripped his shirt, sobbing into his collar bone.
"I love you, Nico, and I don't care if you don't know what I look like, or need to trace my body every day, forever, because I'm never leaving your side. Ever."
I sobbed, but how it was happy, because even though I cared if I forgot what Will looked like, I knew that Will would keep his promise, of forever being by my side.

Besides, what else are husband's for? 

Originals: