Icarus

Please watch/listen if you can, the lyrics make sense with the story.

"Look who's digging their own grave
That is what they all say
You'll drink yourself to death

Look who makes their own bed
Lies right down within it
And what will you have left?

Out on the front doorstep
Drinking from a paper cup
You won't remember this"

Nico sighed, watching his father sway as he stood, the empty bottle of beer slipping from his grasp, and he escaped up to his room, quickly locking the door. He pushed open the window, and when he heard his father yell for him, his heart picked up speed.

"Living beyond your years
Acting out all their fears
You feel it in your chest

Your hands protect the flames
From the wild winds around you

Icarus is flying too close to the sun
And Icarus' life, it has only just begun
It's just begun

Ooh"

He looked out the window, biting his lip, fear enclosing him as he heard the creak of the steps. He grabbed his bag, and threw the homemade rope ladder, made of bed sheets, out the window, steeling himself. He climbed out, just as the first hit sounded on the heavy wood door.

"Standing on the cliff face
Highest fall you'll ever grace
It scares me half to death

Look out to the future
But it tells you nothing
So take another breath

Your hands protect the flames
From the wild winds around you

Icarus is flying too close to the sun
And Icarus' life, it has only just begun
And this is how it feels to take a fall
Icarus is flying towards an early grave"

Nico panicked, and lost his grip on the sheets, grabbing desperately at the bricks, scraping his fingers painfully. He bit his lip to keep the cry of pain muffled. He heard his door smash open while he managed to grasp onto the fourth floor window ledge. His fingers were bleeding, but Nico wasn't worried about that at the moment. He was worried about the man leaning out of the fifth floor window, with a pair of scissors.

"You put up your defenses when you leave
You leave because you're certain
Of who you want to be

You're putting up your armor when you leave
And you leave because you're certain
Of who you want to be, oh

Icarus is flying too close to the sun
And Icarus' life, it has only just begun
This is how it feels to take a fall
Icarus is flying towards an early grave".

Nico sobbed, letting his feet release the rope, before looking below his arms as best as he could. There was a balcony two floors down, on the second level of the apartment, hopefully, if he lands with bent knees, he'd manage to get out of this with his life.

Suddenly, the door to the balcony opened, and a boy about a year older than Nico, so seventeen, stepped out. He did a double take at the rope ladder that was swinging dangerously, letting out a yelp as it suddenly fell, Nico's father having managed to cut through the sheet, even in his drunken state.
The boy looked up, his jaw going slack at the sight of Nico, the said boy swallowing as he recognized the blonde boy below him. How could he forget who lived on the second floor!

"Nico?" The blonde breathed, and Nico squeezed his eyes shut, his arms shaking with the effort of holding himself and the backpack up.
"Nico," the blonde called again, "let go. I'll catch you, I promise."
Nico let out a sob, looking back at the boy below.
"Will," Nico said, making eye contact with the older boy, who happened to be his boyfriend, and the reason Nico's father hated him. "I love you."
Will smiled, motioning encouragingly. And Nico let go, feeling the ache in his fingers become a dull throb, but he wasn't focused on that. He clenched his eyes shut, bracing for impact. There was a quiet "Oof," and Nico felt his body rock, before his side was pressed to a toned chest.

Nico opened his eyes nervously, before blinking. He found himself inches from Will, who seconds before he had been feet away from. His eyes met the brilliant blue one's of the blonde, who broke into a grin. Will refused tocput him down, immediately wrapping his arms around Nico's waist and back, helping to support the still shaking boy. Nico rested his cheek against Will's collar bone, arms around the taller boy's neck.

"It's OK, you're OK," Will murmured, hugging Nico closer. The boy let out another sob, but his tears were slowing to a stop, his body stopping its quakes. "I got you. I love you."

Nico let out a shaky breath, a smile spreading across his face. "Thank you," He managed, kissing the seventeen-year-old's jaw gently, as the blond set him down.

"Of course," Will said, as he pulled the raven haired boy inside, and the two knew that no matter what, they'd have each other.

I really like this one, and I hope the ending's better!