Curb Stomp

*Sky's POV*

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rolling over, I slam my hand down onto my blaring alarm clock and shove my face back into my pillow.

I'm just about to fall back into blissful sleep, my door swings open and hits the wall.

"Holy shit," I cry falling out bed.

"Skylar Martin! I'll wash your mouth out like I did when you were eight."

My mother stands in the middle of my door frame a hand planted firmly on her small hip. You can vaguely see the pale line of skin where her wedding ring was just a few weeks ago. She finally got rid if it at the end of June. Then took me on a vacation to Florida where the sun was bright and she didn't care if we maxed out my shitty dads credit cards.

"Yeah I could wash yours out too considering all the things you said to the young cabana boy less then a month ago." I say rolling my eyes and lifting myself up off the floor.

Shaking her head, she turns to leave but I see the smile on her face as she shuts my bedroom door.

Walking towards the bathroom, I don't even make eye contact with myself in the mirror knowing I look horrible.

Sitting on the edge of the counter after relieving the morning monster that is my bladder, I begin running a brush through my midnight blue hair, smiling softly at the memory of the fight I had to put up with my mother after we got back to dye my hair.

Turning on my straightener, I begin putting my face on while it heats up. By the time I finished struggling to create the perfect winged eyeliner, my straighter was hot enough to cook my breakfast.

Running out of the bathroom when I hear my mom pounding on my door for a time reminder, I head into my closet and pull out a Neck Deep band shirt that advertises the most recent concert and all it's stops. The closest being Houston since I live in a small town.

Hopping around, I try and get my skinny jeans over my butt but its a struggle that just makes me lose more time trying to head to school early. Grabbing a jacket, I slip it on and dive towards my door.

'Well, there's always tomorrow.' I think as I slip on my vans and trip my way down the stairs.

Running into the kitchen I give mom a quick kiss on the cheek and grab my backpack off the bar chair.

"Wait young lady!"

I stop dead in my tracks, "Um what?"

"You're just gonna leave here without breakfast?"

"Mom, no matter how much they preach about how its the most important meal of the day, its not. If it was, school wouldn't start til 10 just to make sure I got in my 'important meal'."

"Shut up and go to school. But don't complain to me that you're hungry when you get home."

Rolling my eyes, I grab my skateboard from by the front door and head out.

Making my way towards hell, oh I mean the place of higher education, I begin to get the bubble guts. There's no way to avoid the jocks that are ganged up in the parking lot waiting for me.

Shitty enough, they don't even care I'm a girl. Ha! 

With one final hard push on my right leg, I coast into the student lot and keep my head down hoping to avoid them.

'Maybe they found a new target.' I think, but just a bit too soon.

As soon as I think that, someones humongous foot shoots out in front of me and I flip over.

"Seriously," I groan rolling over onto my side, and shielding my eyes with my arm.

"What? The pathetic little emo can't take a small little fall onto concrete?" One of them spits down at me.

I hear all of them begin to laugh and I can distinguish my old friends laugh out if all of them. It's like a deep chuckle mixed with a giggle.

"Come on, get up and fight back. It couldn't have been that bad."

It wasn't but I couldn't bring myself to get up.

"Fine, I guess you'll just have to get the rest if your beating on the ground."

Before I could finish processing what he was saying, I felt the hard bottom of an Adidas come unto contact with my stomach.

Letting out a soft groan, I feel one foot after another come into contact with my stomach.

"Come on Tristan, do it. Maybe she'll actually cry for the first time since we started. "

"Come on you emo freak. Fucking cry." He growls out as he kicks me in the stomach over and over again.

Finally admitting defeat, I roll over with tears in my eyes and make I contact.

"Sky?" Tristan says surprised. "Oh my gosh lay me help you up."

Slapping his hand away, I push myself off the ground and grab my skateboard.

"Sky I'm so sorry."

"No you aren't," I whisper, wrapping my arm around my stomach and start to walk away.