Time doesn't heal all wounds

*Tristan's POV*

When Sky ran out of the house, it was obvious she was more than upset. Jordan was a very touchy subject for her. It is for everyone, well not her father, but her more than anyone because she was the one that found him.

Looking back from the open front door to her father, it makes me wanna hit him right in the face. But Ms.Martin beats me to it.

In the blink of an eye, she strides right to him, and slaps him right across the face.

"You have no right to say those things! You have no right to tell my daughter that! How dare you! You're a guest here in MY house. But not anymore, get out...."

"Why? Why do you want me to get out

Abigail? You can't honestly be upset that I told her the truth. She needs to grow up and finally realize that he won't be coming back. He's dead and buried. Nothing is going to change what happened that night. Those were the choices he decided to make, even if they were there wrong ones."

She shakes her head, "I don't care who's fucking choices they were. She's the one who found him and she's the most affected by what happened. She refused to see me anytime I went to visit her, and the one time she agrees to see me, she's able to come home for one of her favorite holidays, and you upset and she runs. So, get out."

All he does is shake his head in protest to her words, but this time listens and makes his way out of the already open front door, slamming it shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Sky's POV*

Running, I didn't know where I was going and when I would get there, but I honestly didn't mind. The burning in my chest was welcomed because I needed a distraction.

That distraction didn't last very long when I came to a halt at the playground I used to know so well. I could say I haven't been here in a while, but then I would be lying. I was here the night before my accident.

I step from the sidewalk, and make my way across the dead crunchy grass, to the largest play structure out of the three.

Climbing the small steps, I sit in the middle of the floor leaning my back against the cold metal pole running though the whole thing. Tucking my knees up under my chin, I wrap my arms around them and let my mind wander, and it takes me back to most easily known as the worst day of my life....

*About 1 1/2 years ago*

"Mom," I call from the living room, hoping she would come in so I don't have to get up.

I hear her soft foot steps coming down the hallway even before I see her, 'Yeah honey?'

'Can I go and hang out at Tristan's house?'

'Well honey, I don't know,' she says placing a hand on her hip, 'You have been pretty good but is your room clean?'