1. work

Dominique

"Dom"

*slap*

"wake"

*slap* 

"the" 

*slap* 

"fuck" 

*slap* 

"up" 

*slap*

Yep that's how I wake up every morning.
Meet Alana Hart, my roommate, my partner in crime and unfortunately my bestfriend.

"Al, you need to stop doing that!" I yell.

"Can't you like, I don't know" I say and pretend to think.

"Maybe tell me to wake up like a normal person would?" I ask.

"But there's no fun in doing that and like you said, that's for normal people."

And with that she walks out of my room.

I'm so not a morning person.
I lay back for a bit hoping I fall asleep again, but then I remember why she woke me up. Work.

I work at this amazing restaurant called "Eleven Madison Park" in New York.
It's pretty fancy, probably because it has three Michelin stars.

I get out of bed and begin my morning routine.
I strip down my clothes and jump in the shower, afterwards I wrap myself with a towel and brush my teeth.
I walk back to my room and get dressed in my work clothes, just normal black jeans and a white t-shirt, I have to wear a chef uniform over it, so it's not that anybody would see my outfit anyways.

I get down stairs and I see that Alana is already making breakfast.
We both work at the restaurant, because we need money, we love food and we're not that bad in making it so why not.

Alana sets a plate of pancakes with salted caramel and walnuts in front of me.
I immediately start eating, god I love food.

"you know what day it is today?" Al asks.

"um Friday?" I guess.

"yes, and?" She says.

"You got your period." I say.

"Ha no, today is the day the restaurant invites special guests to review our food."

I stop eating "Wait, is that today?"

"Yes, and you know what Joe told me."
She comes closer like it's a secret
"a big celebrity is coming too." She squeaks in excitement.

"Al, don't get all hyped up about that, it's just a celeb."

Let me tell you what I think about celebrities.
I hate them, they're obnoxious, rude and self-centered, and I know what you're thinking "Not all celebrities are like that, but the truth is, most of them are."

"Yes, but they say it's going to be a hot male. " She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Omg no way, then I have to go fix my hair now, oh my" I say as I fake panic.

"Why are you always so sarcastic?" She asks.

"Me? Sarcastic? Never." I say

"Just grab your things and come, we're going to be late." She says annoyed.

I grab my bag, keys and phone.
I put on my work shoes and walk out the door with Alana.
It's only a ten-minute walk from our apartment partement to the restaurant, so we always decide to walk, even when the weather sucks.

We arrive at the restaurant, and go to the locker room to put away our stuff and put on our aprons.

"Sup brother from the same mother" Alana says to Joe.

Meet Joe Hart, Alana's twin brother.
He also works at the restaurant but as a waiter, because he can't cook even if his life depended on it.
He lives with his friend a few blocks away from our apartment.

"Hey Joseph" I say

"Dom, you know I hate it when you call me by my full name."

"Sorry Joseph" I pet his head.

"So are you girls ready for the teenage superstar Shawn Mendes, to review our food?" Joe says.

Alana screams "WAIT WHAT."
"Is The Shawn Mendes coming, here, in our restaurant, here, where I'm standing, here?!" She says like she's about to cry. 

"Yup" joe says.

"Omg no I can't do this, I have to mentally prepare myself." Alana says while taking deep breaths.

"Alana, calm yourself he's not even that good-looking." I say.

"Dominique since when did you go blind?" She says "He's drop dead gorgeous."

I huff  "Whatever we need to get going otherwise chef Michael is going to let us wash all the dishes again."

"Fine let's go." And the three of us walk to the kitchen.

≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫≪ ≫

Authors note
Im back, this sucks and I still don't know what I'm doing.
Catch y'all later 🥀