10. hired

Shawn

"Why did you had to be such an ass towards Dom?" Aaliyah says while we sit in my car on our way back home from the skating rink.

After we skated for a while, Aaliyah got tired and wanted to go home and watch her show, she's obsessed with this show about wolfs.

"Dom?" I ask a bit confused.

"Yeah, Dom short for Dominique." She says in a matter of factly way.

"Since when did you become so close to her? And for the record she started this whole thing." I say blaming her for that attitude she has towards me even though I do find it quite intriguing.

"You know she wanted to ask you about that offer right?" She states while looking out of the window.

I shake my head "What do you mean?"

"She was talking about how she wanted to talk to you about the offer but you cut her off by laughing at her because she got fired." She says and slaps my arm and not in a playful way.

Did she really wanted to come work for me? She did say she got fired at the restaurant. Maybe I was being a bit of a bitch back there.

"You better go work on your attitude and apologize to her because she probably hates me right now for being related to you." She sighs.

"Do I really have to? I could just ask her if she's still up for the job right? That would be some sort of an apology."

"Shawn stop being so stubborn and just do it. She can cook and apparently needs a job and you can't cook for shit but have enough money. So just do it otherwise she won't take your offer." Aaliyah says making a point.

"Okay I'll apologize." And I put my hands up in surrender.

"Promise you'll do it? Because mom and I have a bet so don't mess it up." She point her finger at me with a stern expression.

"I promise, even though I don't know what the bet is about, you have to know that she already has a boyfriend so don't get your hopes up." I say.

"Dom doesn't have a boyfriend." She states.

"Yes she has that blonde guys who was skating with her, didn't you see him? He was all over her." and I shake my head in disapproval.

Aaliyah snorts. "What's so funny?"

"Ah never mind you'll find out eventually." She says and laughs to herself.

"Okay but how am I going to do this?"

"I'll help you" and Aaliyah smirks at me.

Fuck

-

Dominique

I wanted to leave immediately after I saw Aaliyah with Shawn because he ruined my whole mood.
How can Aaliyah be related to someone like him? Now I think about it I do see the resemblance, but she never told me her brother was Shawn Mendes, not that it's a big deal or something.

We went back home and on our way we got something quick to eat. I walked into my apartment and went straight to the bathroom, I stripped down all of my clothes and jumped into the shower and scrubbed myself clean. I threw on some sweatpants and a oversized hoodie. It's not like anyone was going to see me because Al was hanging out with Brian and Joe had some other plans.