15. joseph

Dominique

"I'm telling you, slapping her in the face is the only way to wake her up, trust me." I hear a voice say that woke me up and I recognize it immediately, Alana.

"Don't you think it's a bit aggressive?" I hear another male voice say.

"No, of course not I do this all the time." And I now understand what she's about to do. But not on my watch.

"Trust me she loves it." And I hear her come closer, she is about to slap me when I jump up and grab her hand.

"Al! I've told you many times, you need to stop doing that." I say clearly annoyed.

"Oh great you're awake." She smiles at me.

"Yes luckily by your voice instead of your hand." I sigh.

"Well hurry up, you don't want to be late now do you?" She asks me and I roll my eyes. I don't even know what time I usually have to go Shawn's. I check my phone and I see no messages from him.
I decide to do my morning routine and eat breakfast first and then go to Shawn. I mean he should've been more clear about when I should come right?

I walk into the kitchen and I see Alana already making something behind the stove and Brian sitting at the kitchen table on his phone and I decide to join him. I never really had the chance to get to know him, I mean he is dating my best friend, I need to approve of him.

I sit down across from him and he looks up.

"Hey." He greets me

"Hey" I say back with a small smile.

"Not to be rude or anything but shouldn't you be making breakfast for Shawn right now?" He begins after an awkward pause.

"Yes I guess, he didn't tell me when I should come, so I took my time this morning." And he chukles.

"I like you, but just so you know, he was moody yesterday so it wouldn't surprise me if he's moody today." And I groan.

"But isn't he always moody?" I question.

"Yes true, but it's all because of that boy of yours." And I furrow my eyebrows.

"You mean Joe?" I ask.

"Yes, he has something against him but I don't know what or why."

"Joe isn't my boyfriend." I state

"I knew it, he doesn't seem like your type." And I give him a look but let it slide.

"You know, you should probably tell Shawn that he isn't your boyfriend."

"Why? I mean if he was my boyfriend which he isn't. It's none of his business."

"True, but that was the reason he was a bitch yesterday, he looked jealous." He says.

"Hmm, I will tell him that." Why would Shawn be 'jealous' of him? Me and Joe are like brother and sister, even more brother and sister than his real sister.
And it's not that Shawn is into me or anything and if he is, which I doubt, I'm certainly not interested in him. He's a jerk, with the biggest ego ever, he's arrogant, disrespectful and probably only looking for girls to have sex with. He disgusts me.